Anthem MRX 740 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver with Dolby Atmos, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Apple AirPlay 2
- $ 2,89900 $ 2,899.00
Anthem MRX 740
7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver / 11.2 Pre-Out with Dolby Atmos, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Apple AirPlay2
Anthem is known for creating high-performance home theater receivers that are simple to operate and deliver maximizing performance for the money.. The MRX 740 is a great example of this, combining terrific A/V processing with robust amplification and an intuitive browser-based control system. The Anthem MRX 740 AV receiver employs a 7 channel amplifier that features a Class AB design for the Front, Center, and Surround channels; and a Class D design for the Surround Back/Height channels. The MRX 740 is rated at 140 watts for the Front, Center, and Surround channels; and 60 watts for the Surround Back/Height channels. The assignable 7 channel amplifier can be configured to power a 7.1ch home theater speaker system with surround back speakers, a 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X speaker system with Height speakers, a 5.1ch home theater speaker system with Zone 2 speakers in another room, or a 5.1ch speaker system with bi-amped front speakers.
ANTHEM – PURE PERFORMANCE, PURE VALUE
- 7-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channels continuous power into 8 ohms
- 5 channels rated at 140 watts (Class AB)
- 2 channels rated at 60 watts (Class D)
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- ARC Genesis speaker calibration system helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- Audiophile-grade 32-bit/768kHz DAC (digital to analog converter)
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music® (via free future firmware update)
- Google Chromecast for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Dual-room/dual-source output
- Zone 2 stereo preamp outputs for use with an optional external amplifier
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching
- HDMI Inputs/Outputs: 7 in, 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, Dolby Vision™, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- Supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- HDMI board is upgradeable to accommodate possible future hardware updates
- Digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- 11.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- Dimensions: 6" H x 17" W x 14.5" D
- Warranty: 3 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1414000040
Assignable 7-Channel Amplifier
- 7.1ch Surround Back
This setup provides 7.1ch surround in your main listening area with dedicated Surround Back speakers.
- 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X
You can configure the receiver's Surround Back amplifier channels to power Height, Overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers to create a 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X speaker system.
- 5.1ch + Zone 2
In this configuration, you can have a 5.1ch speaker system in your main room with a pair of stereo speakers in Zone 2. The receiver's Surround Back amplifier channels will be reassigned to power a single pair of speakers in Zone 2.
- 5.1ch Bi-Amp
You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). The receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround.
Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM) Technology
Anthem's exclusive ALM circuitry protects the amplifier's sensitive output devices by constantly monitoring temperature, current, and voltage to ensure optimum long-term performance. ALM is totally non-invasive; it is not in the signal path and only engages in the most extreme circumstances to protect the amplifier from damage by maintaining the safe operating area of the output devices.
The Anthem MRX 740 AV receiver utilizes audiophile-grade components; such as premium 32-bit/768kHz DAC (AKM AK4458VN) for high-resolution sound, Next-Gen DSP (digital-singal processing) with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X capability, proprietary circuit topologies for the lowest distortion, and robust power supplies that deliver maximum performance. All this results in long-termm quality, satisfaction, and reliability.
ARC (Anthem Room Correction) Genesis
ARC Genesis(for Windows PC and Mac) is a proprietary calibration tool that automatically shapes the acoustic signature of your speakers for the best possible sound quality in your unique listening space. ARC Geneis Beta allows you to quickly and accurately optimize the performance of your audio equipment to better suit the unique parameters of your room. By listening to your room's acoustic signature, ARC Genesis Beta can tune your equipment to correct for the performance-robbing effects (reflections, resonances, standing waves, etc.) of the various surfaces and other obstacles in your room. ARC Genesis Beta is easy to use, and just a few simple steps can optimize your speakers for your unique listening space. ARC Genesis Beta is one of the most sophisticated, accurate, and detailed digital room correction technologies available today.
Immersive Surround Sound
The Anthem MRX 740 receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats; including Dolby Atmos with Dolby Surround, plus DTS:X with DTS Neural:X and DTS Virtual:X. The MRX 740 can power a 5.1.2ch speaker system, as well as support a 5.1.4ch, 7.1.2ch, or 7.1.4ch speaker system using its Height channel preouts and an external power amplifier(s)
IMAX Enhanced Technology
Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with IMAX Enhanced; the latest technology program from IMAX that sets a new standard for image, sound, scale and content quality. This new certification and licensing program combines IMAX digitally re-mastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies to offer a new level of quality in immersive sight and sound experiences in the home. IMAX Enhanced lets you experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX, so you can watch the highest-quality 4K movies with immersive audio delivered by DTS. Not only will IMAX Enhanced content look and sound amazing, but other audio/video content will also look and sound great too.
The MRX 740 receiver incorporates Anthem's proprietary AnthemLogic sound technology to enhance 2-channel stereo audio sources; there are two modes - Cinema & Music. AnthemLogic-Cinema lets you experience home theater surround sound from any 2-channel audio source. A large, enveloping and dynamic listening experience is created making 2-channel movies sound more "home-theater" like. AnthemLogic-Music enhances the stereo listening experience without detracting from the stereo soundstage and with no echo or reverberation effects. To ensure that the purity of the stereo music soundstage is in not compromised, the center-channel is not used.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
This feature of the AV surround receiver's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where as the previous ARC (Audio Return Channel) was limited to only Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
Remastered 4K/HDR Video
It utilizes a sophisticated, advanced algorithm designed to produce the highest-quality, sharpest 4K HDR images. This advanced process accurately reduces noise and grain under the filmmaker's guidance to best optimize the content for a much higher quality, higher brightness 4K HDR display format. Select IMAX Enhanced titles that were shot with IMAX cameras or specially formatted for IMAX theatres will also include an expanded aspect ratio for the film's home release to show your more picture on your TV. IMAX Enhanced certified TVs must be at least 65" with support for HDR10 and dynamic, as well as specific calibration, resolution, color, brightness, contrast, and scale of image capabilities.