SVS SB-1000 12", Sealed Subwoofer
Extreme depth, power and intensity of a world-class subwoofer, from a super compact 13-inch cabinet. The SVS SB-1000 subwoofer is small enough to conceal in any room, and with its 12-inch front-firing driver and 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power amplifier, energizes a room with deep, effortless and articulate bass.
Refusing to sacrifice performance at the expense of décor-friendliness, SVS engineers threw out preconceived notions to design a subwoofer with massive output and low frequency extension, especially relative to its size and price. All without sacrificing accuracy, detail, and musicality.
At first glance, it’s easy to underestimate the abilities of the SB-1000 subwoofer. But when it erupts to life with deep and hard-hitting low frequency output, there’s no mistaking it as a bona fide, high performance home theater subwoofer.
Commanding 12-inch SVS High Output Driver
SVS packed the compact SB-1000 subwoofer with a front-firing 12-inch driver, dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized internal motor technology for high output with extremely low distortion. The lightweight cone material of the long-stroke driver reproduces subtle audio tones and massive low frequency impact with lifelike realism. Durable rubber surrounds ensure long-lasting performance, even when the subwoofer is pushed to its performance limits for extended periods of time, making the SB-1000 a perfect option for serious music or home theater lovers.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-300D Amplifier
Driving the SB-1000 subwoofer is an integrated SVS Sledge STA-300D amplifier with sophisticated DSP perfectly matched to the unique driver and cabinet configuration, and an equalization curve optimized for enhanced transient response and room gain. The SB-1000 subwoofer’s ability to start and stop on a dime and stay true to the source content is a performance hallmark normally reserved for much more expensive subwoofers. Conservatively rated at 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power, the Sledge STA-300D amplifier maintains precise control of the subwoofer at all drive levels so you can push to reference volumes without distortion. The advanced DSP engine also allows for fine tuning of audio playback and easy set-up and integration into any home theater or stereo system.
Innovative Subwoofer Engineering
Thermal management is critical when dealing with such a powerful amplifier and motor in a compact sealed cabinet, so SVS implemented a unique vented pole piece and efficient high-power voice coil to keep the SB-1000 subwoofer cool without impacting performance or adding noise. The cabinet is rigidly braced and sonically inert so the bass you hear is always effortless and pure, even at the highest drive levels.
Weighing in at an easily movable 27 lbs, the SB-1000 is SVS’s lightest and smallest subwoofer, making its 24Hz to 260Hz (+/- 3dB) frequency response all the more impressive.
SVS Subwoofer Design Philosophy
“The SB-1000 astonished me with its depth and clarity…a listening experience that is coherent, cohesive, and musically engaging. I’m not sure there’s a better value today in audio.”
“One of the best bang-for-buck subwoofersin the market right now."
“Don’t let the small size fool you. Very tight bass and great balance of power output, low frequency response, installation convenience and price. A great addition to any system.“
“The SB-1000 is amazing! Clarity is spot-on and there is nothing to prepare you for how much bass this little thing can put out when pushed.”
- - Premium black ash, piano black and piano white finish options
- - Front-firing 12" driver
- - Rigid and strong cabinet construction
- - Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- - Detachable power cord
- - Cabinet Dimensions: 13.5" (H) x 13" (W) x 14"(D) (without grille)
- - Overall Dimensions: 13.5" (H) x 13" (W) x 14.6"(D) (with grille)
- - Weight (unboxed): 27 pounds
- - Shipped Dimensions: 19" (H) x 18" (W) x 18" (D)
- - Shipped Weight: 34 pounds
- - SVS 12” high-performance driver
- - FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion
- - High-power voice coil for excellent thermal management
- - Lightweight cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response
- - Rubber surround for durability and long-life
- - Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- - Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise
- - Sledge STA-300D with 300 watts RMS continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power)
- - Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- - 300 watts (720 watts peak dynamic)
- - Green standby mode with less than 0.5 watts consumption
- - Detachable power cord with main power switch
- - RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- - Auto-On / On switch
- - DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
- - Stereo line-level RCA Input & 80Hz High Pass Filtered Output connections
- - Stereo speaker level 5-way binding post input connections
- - Continuously variable low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- - Continuously variable volume and phase controls./li>
- - Input impedance - 47 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 2 kΩ (speaker level)