Klipsch RP-600M Reference Premiere Bookshelf Speakers
How do you fit big sound into a bookshelf space? You turn to Klipsch, which has been coaxing big sound from reasonably sized, modestly priced speakers for nearly 70 years. The new RP-600M bookshelf speakers reflect Klipsch’s decades of experience and dedication to excellence. A new-design 1-inch titanium linear-travel tweeter in a vented enclosure fires out through Klipsch’s iconic 90-degree Tractrix horn for better dispersion and rock-solid localization. A 6.5-inch low frequency driver is made of Klipsch’s trademarked copper Cerametallic material, and the rear-ported horn coaxes even stronger bass from the compact cabinet. That cabinet is crafted of furniture-grade materials in your choice of finish, with magnetic grille mounts for an attractive presentation in any home environment.
- 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- 6.5-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofer with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- Rear-firing Tractrix horn for stronger bass
- High efficiency (96dB at 1 watt) with high power-handling capacity (400 watts peak) for wide dynamic range and easy pairing with amps and receivers
- Dual binding posts for bi-amplification capability
- Sturdy MDF cabinet with furniture-grade ebony or walnut vinyl finish
- Copper cones, anodized trim rings and satin baffles for stylish presentation with or without grille
- Dimensions: 15.69” (H) x 7.95” (W) x 11.85” (D)
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, then and now, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn acts as acoustic amplification for the high-frequency driver (a second Tractrix horn fires out of a rear bass port). The horn not only makes speakers such as the RP-600M incredibly efficient, but also directs high frequencies right into the sweet spot of the listening area for precise localization of instruments and effects. The Tractrix horn, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places listeners in the middle of the action or at center stage.
An upgraded tweeter
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes the piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected waves that can compromise performance.
That iconic copper cone
Even before you power it up, you can always spot a Klipsch by its emblematic copper-colored cone. The 6.5-inch woofer in the RP-600M is formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic material, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction and high efficiency. And the rear-firing Tractrix horn bass port strengthens the low-frequency extension further still, reaching down to 45 Hz.
Ready for bi-amplification
If your surround-sound receiver or amp has a couple extra channels lying around, the RP-600M puts them to good use. High-quality binding posts provide separate connections for low-frequency and high-frequency drivers, so separate power amp channels can be connected to each for effortless reproduction and lower distortion.
Ultra-light drivers = ultra-powerful sound
Klipsch’s horn-loading design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers, means that speakers such as the RP-600M can handle the dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and are rugged enough to rock out the house when called for. These small speakers make the most of the majority of today’s home-theater receivers and amps.
The cabinetry is made of heavy, solid MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances and finished in scratch-resistant ebony or walnut. Combined with the unique look of copper cones and satin painted front panels, the RP-600M looks right at home proudly displayed on any bookshelf, with or without the attractive and flexible grille attached.
- Frequency response: 45-25kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 96dB @ 2.83V/1m
- Power handling (cont/peak): 100W/400W
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover frequency: 1500Hz
- High-frequency driver: 1” titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- Low frequency driver: 6.5” Cerametallic cone woofers
- Enclosure material: MDF
- Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- Inputs: Dual binding posts/bi-wire/bi-amp
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.69" x 7.95" x 11.85"
- Weight: 16 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.