KLH Beacon Surround Speakers
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of new-design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience. The Beacons, KLH’s surround speakers, are designed with that same concern for quality and value. If you are building a home theater, the Beacon meshes perfectly with KLH’s full line of front and center speakers. They share the same custom-designed woofer/midrange drivers of woven Kevlar and anodized aluminum dome tweeters, as well as similar crossover circuitry of the highest-quality components. With solid, sturdy MDF cabinetry of real black oak veneer, and a sealed cabinet that employs acoustic suspension principles for clarity and control, the Beacon brings your favorite movies and soundtracks to life.
- - Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- - Two-way, dipole acoustic suspension surround speaker
- - Dual 1" anodized aluminum tweeters with linear response faceplates
- - Dual 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® woofers
- - Opposite-firing are out of phase with each other, creating a diffuse soundfield and immersive sound effects
- - Frequency response: 50-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- - Recommended amplifier power: up to 125 watts
- - Sensitivity: 91 dB
- - Impedance: 8 ohms
- - Sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet design
- - 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- - Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- - MDF construction with low resonance braced speaker chambers
- - Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- - Nickel plated five-way binding posts
- - Snap-on pin-and-cup two-sided grilles
- - Single 1/4" - 20 threaded insert on the back of cabinet for wall mounting
- - Dimensions: 11-1/2"W x 11-1/4"H x 6-3/8"D
- - Weight: 11.25 lbs.
- - Warranty: An exceptional 10 years
Two-Way Surround Loudspeaker
The KLH Beacon is a two-way surround loudspeaker featuring twp high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeters with linear response faceplates and two 5.25" Woven Kevlar mid/bass drivers with butyl rubber surrounds and powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. A custom multi-element crossover with high grade components ensures smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Enclosure
The KLH Beacon surround loudspeaker uses an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for tight, accurate sound reproduction. The enclosure features MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia. The MDF enclosure is finished in a wood-grain black oak vinyl.
The KLH Beacon can be used as Surround and/or Surround Back speakers in a 5.1ch or 7.1ch home theater system. The Beacon surround speakers are sonically matched to work seamlessly with all other KLH speakers, and will deliver optimum performance in all home theater applications.
- - Placement Options: The placement of your surround speakers is very important in regard to home theater usage. The surround speakers complete the theater listening experience with ambient effects that put the listener in the middle of the action. The Beacon surround speakers can be placed behind or to either side of the main listening area.
- - Mounting Options: The KLH Beacon includes a 1/4"-20 threaded insert for using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). You can also choose to place the surround speaker on stands or shelves. The included self-adhesive rubber feet add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker.
Binding Post Terminals
The KLH Beacon surround loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of nickel-plated binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs.
Founded in 1957, KLH has been creating modern, innovative audio solutions for decades.
With a passion for high-fidelity sound, KLH audio systems are designed and manufactured with quality audio technology for audiophiles at any budget. KLH is a major force in the speaker industry, renowned for its cutting-edge technology and unique ability to adapt and innovate. For unmatched sound quality and subtle, understated luxury designs, KLH has a stereo speaker and home theater system suited to virtually any audiophile’s needs.
Perfect for custom home theaters, the KLH Beacon 2-Way Surround Sound Speakers offer powerful, dynamic audio that completely immerses the listener in the on-screen action. The powerful drivers and tweeters enhance delicate audio, allowing you to hear your favorite music and films as you have never heard them before. For a powerful cinematic experience, this KLH surround sound speaker is sure to impress even the most meticulous audiophiles.
- 2 x 5.25" Kevlar bass drivers
- 2 x 1" Anodized aluminum tweeters
- 2-Way acoustic suspension system
- Low resonance MDF cabinet construction
- Custom magnetic grille with honeycomb design
- Threaded inserts on back panel for wall mount
Immersive Surround Sound
This speaker features an acoustic suspension dipole system that includes a pair of 5.25" woven Kevlar bass drivers. These drivers offer powerful, consistent bass at any volume, immersing the listener in the on-screen intensity and revolutionizing the home theater.
This speaker is constructed with durable MDF material and added internal bracing for exceptional durability and stability. The threaded inserts on the back panel allow the speaker to be mounted to the wall, making it the focal point of your home theater.
Crisp, Rich KLH Audio
The acoustic suspension system also includes a pair of 1" anodized aluminum tweeters with a linear response faceplate. As a result, these speakers enhance the detail of delicate dialogue and other audio, allowing your favorite movies to come to life.
A Commitment to Innovation and Quality
Founded in 1957 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, KLH is a company of ground-breaking firsts and has created some of the bestselling speakers in the world. KLH stands behind their products with a strong commitment to quality and performance for years beyond the purchase.
Henry Kloss, the iconic founder of KLH, was fondly dubbed by Wes Phillips of Stereophile Magazine as “The Man Who Changed Audio and Video – Time and Time Again”. He co-developed the first acoustic suspension speaker, introduced the world’s first full range electrostatic speaker, launched the first-ever high-selectivity FM radio, and won an Emmy Award for the first large screen projection television for home use. For his innumerable contributions to the Consumer Electronics Industry, Henry was one of the first inductees into the regaled CEA Hall of Fame, along with the likes of Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Ray Dolby, and Avery Fisher.