Kicker 44KSS6704 6-3/4" Component System
Kicker 44KSS6704 6-3/4" Component Speaker System
I love a perfectly crafted pop song, and if I had to pick a pair of affordable car speakers to handle those harmonies and pristine production, Kicker's KS Series speakers would be a great choice. Their 44KSS6704 component system features two quality 6-3/4" woofers, two powerful tweeters, and two external crossovers. The polypropylene woofer with its powerful magnet handles up to 125 watts RMS, giving you natural sound with plenty of low-frequency punch. And the 1" silk dome tweeter delivers every ounce of smoothness you'd want in your music's vocal and instrumental details. The system's efficient crossovers act as traffic cops, diverting low and high frequencies to the designated speakers to reveal nuances you may have never heard in your favorite songs.
- - component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- - 6-3/4" polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- - 1" silk dome tweeter
- - external crossover network with 3 tweeter levels (0, +4.5, +9 dB)
- - handles up to 125 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- - frequency range: 35-21,000 Hz
- - sensitivity: 91 dB
- - woofer top-mount depth: 1-13/16"
- - impedance: 4 ohms
- - grilles included
- - warranty: 1 year
A+ For Versatility
Kicker also gives you the option of screwing the component tweeters on in place of the woofer's removable phase plug, giving you a coaxial speaker that benefits from the superior performance of an external crossover.
Do Touch That Dial
While we'd recommend using an aftermarket amp to power this system, Kicker gave the KS Series a highly sensitive design that conjures hefty volume even from low-powered factory radios.
These low-profile speakers feature a reduced mounting depth, making them a match for almost any car. And the refined, black grilles included with the package allow you to do a custom installation that'll add nice flair to your factory interior.
What's In The Box:
- - 2 Woofers
- - 2 Phase plugs (installed)
- - 2 Woofer grilles
- - 2 Grille mounting rings
- - Two 1" Tweeters (each with 6" Wire attached)
- - 2 Tweeter mounting posts
- - 2 Tweeter backs
- - 2 Crossovers
- - 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- - 2 Flush mount rings (tweeter)
- - 2 Front angle rings (tweeter)
- - 2 Back angle rings (tweeter)
- - 2 Short mounting nuts (tweeter)
- - 2 Long mounting nuts (tweeter)
- - Two 10' Lengths of woofer speaker wire (tinned wire on one end and quick slides on the other)
- - Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on both ends)
- - Two 6' Lengths of tweeter speaker wire (tinned wire on one end and quick slides on the other)
- - Two M4x8mm Machine screws
- - Twelve 1-1/8" Pan head screws
- - Four 5/8" Flat head screws
- - 12 Speed clips
- - 4 Red plastic wire caps
- - Two 3-1/2" Zip ties
- - Grille putty
- - Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Woofer Cones: The Kicker KS-series speakers feature durable Polypropylene woofer cones, resistant to the moisture and temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters come with brackets to allow multiple mounting configurations; flush-mount, angle-mount, and surface-mount:
Coaxial Tweeter Mount: In addition to standard tweeter mounting options, the included tweeter mounting post lets you mount the tweeter directly to the center of the woofer, giving you a standard coaxial speaker. When the tweeter is attached to the woofer the mounting height increases to 0.680" (top mount) and the tweeter protrusion increases to 0.504" (bottom mount).
Crossovers: The component system includes passive 2-way crossover networks for a seamless transition between the woofers and tweeters. The slope is 12dB per octave (both high pass and low pass) and the crossover point is 4000 Hz. A switch on each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output; 0 dB, +4.5 dB, or +9 dB. The crossover has screw terminals that will accept bare wire or spade terminals up to 0.3" wide. The crossovers' dimensions are:
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh