Furman Power Conditioner (PST-8) Furman PST-8 Power Station
Furman PST-8 Power Station
The Furman PST-8 Power Station all feature Furman’s SMP circuit which incorporates Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) and a high current TVZ-MOV to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-DVD players, or computers) is fed clean, filtered AC power. This dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak performance from your equipment.
Typical AC filters feature antiquated non-linear circuits. Though these multiple stage filters or power cleaners reduce some noise, they do so unevenly. In fact, they can add noise to your power line due to their filter’s excessive resonant peaking. With Furman’s proprietary Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), AC noise is suppressed evenly, assuring maximum performance from your system.
- 8 linearly filtered outlets
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) with a high current TVZ-MOV provides the highest level of AC surge suppression
- Automatic Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) guards your valuable equipment from dangerous wiring faults
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures the delivery of pure AC power thus protecting critical audio/video components
- Cable/Satellite (less than .1dB insertion loss) (2 pairs)
- AC current capacity: Input - 15 amps capacity required
- Output - 15 amps RMS (Maximum, all outlets combined - continuous)
- Safety agency listing: C-UL (UL standard #1449, #1363)
- Sturdy aluminium chassis
- Power consumption: 6W for display and control circuits independent of actual load
- AC noise attenuation: Transverse (Differential) Mode: > 40 dB from 150 kHz - 100 MHz > 80dB from 100 kHz - 1GHz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.75" x 3.75" x 17.75"
- 3-year limited warranty
Advanced surge protection that also reduces noise to give you pure AC power.
- The Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner is equipped with Furman's SMP circuit which dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak performance from your equipment. The PST-8 Power Station uses Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-DVD players, or computers) is fed clean, filtered AC power.
- Furman pioneered the development of AC power products for the most demanding audio, video, and broadcast professionals. Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) delivers pure AC power and comprehensive protection-going far beyond what is found in traditional surge strips. With Furman's Power Station Series, everyone can reap the benefits of top-notch power purification and surge protection.
- Another feature that is unique to Furman's SMP circuit is automatic Extreme-Voltage Shutdown (E.V.S.). Extreme voltages are statistically the most common, damaging AC event. The Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuit automatically turns off the unit when it is fed 137 volts or higher protecting itself and connected equipment from the extreme voltage. Only Furman offers this degree of protection! Add telco and cable/satellite transient voltage suppression, and you have what is, unquestionably, the most comprehensive protection available in a portable AC power conditioner.
- Today's overworked, outdated power grid delivers poor quality AC power. When connecting sensitive equipment to regular power outlets, AC noise masks and distorts critical signal information which cripples performance. This is why it's more important that ever to purify or clean the AC powering your sensitive audio/video equipment with a quality power conditioner like the PST-8.
- Typical AC filters feature antiquated nonlinear circuits. Though these multiple stage filters or power cleaners reduce some noise, they do so unevenly. In fact, they can add noise to your power line due to their filter's excessive resonant peaking. The PST-8 features Furman's proprietary Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), AC noise is suppressed evenly, assuring maximum performance from your system.
- Conventional AC conditioners employing older technologies leak voltage to circuit ground which can, in fact, aid in damaging sensitive digital circuits such as computer processors. Furman's new technology, however, never directs voltage to the circuit ground further ensuring the safety of your equipment.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh