AudioQuest Black Lab Subwoofer cable (5 meters/16.4 feet)
AudioQuest's Black Lab cable delivers all the deep bass your powered subwoofer is capable of. Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion. Black Lab's solid Long-Grain Copper allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. OFHC is a general metal industry specification regarding "loss" without any concern for distortion. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries, and definitively better performance.
- Two solid Long-Grain Copper conductors eliminate "strand-interaction" distortion
- Air-filled foamed-polyethylene insulation minimizes energy storage and its associated distortion
- 100% coverage metal shield with AQ's Noise Dissipation System to resist RFI interference
- Built-in ground wire with spade lugs to prevent hum
- Solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation
- Metal-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS)
- Symmetrical Coax Geometry
- Cold-Welded Gold-Plated Plugs
- Smooth PVC jacket
- MFR # BLAB05
Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Black Lab uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation on both conductors because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
Metal-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS): AudioQuest's Noise-Dissipation System prevents a significant amount of RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
Symmetrical Coax Geometry: Identical positive (+) and negative (-) conductors prevent the shield being used as an inferior audio conductor.