Audiolab 6000A Play Stereo Integrated Amplifier with Bluetooth, DTS Play-Fi and Built-in DAC (Black)
Audiolab 6000A Play Stereo Network Amplifier
The Audiolab 6000A Play is the latest addition to the globally acclaimed 6000 series. A combination of the illustrious and class-leading 6000A integrated amplifier with the acclaimed 6000N Play wireless audio streaming player, the Audiolab 6000A Play is a richly specialized all-encompassing audio solution. The Audiolab 6000A Play's discrete Class AB power amp stage delivers 50W x 2Ch into 8 ohms or 75W x 2Ch into 4 ohms, with a maximum current delivery of 9 Amps into difficult loads. The output stage of the discrete power amp circuits uses a CFB (Complementary Feedback) topology, ensuring superior linearity and excellent thermal stability, as the idle current is kept independent of the temperature of the output transistors. A substantial 200VA toroidal transformer, followed by 4x15000uF reservoir capacity (60000uF in total), helps the amp to maintain firm control of the music and enabling excellent dynamic range.
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at <1% THD
- 75 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- ES9018 Sabre32 32-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digital sources
- Frequency response 20-20,000 Hz (±0.3dB)
- Built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX audio coding
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Works with Alexa
- Connects to your home network via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- Three high-powered antennas
- Large central OLED display
- Remote control included
- Detachable power cord
- Maximum streaming resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Stream from compatible services like Spotify Premium, TIDAL, HDtracks, Deezer, Qobuz, Amazon Music and Napster (subscriptions may be required)
- Internet radio available via TuneIn, iHeartRadio and SiriusXM (subscription required)
- DTS Play-Fi® app lets you wirelessly play music and create a multi-room music system with other Play-Fi speakers and components
- Available for Apple iOS®, Android™, Kindle, and Windows® PC
- 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 5 stereo RCA audio inputs (including a phono input for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- Stereo RCA preamp output
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
- Type A USB port for service updates only
- Built-in headphone amplifier with front-panel full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- 12-volt trigger in and out
- Dimensions: 17-9/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 13"D (including feet and terminals)
- Weight: 17.41 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6000A PLAYBK
Simple Preamp Circuitry: Much effort has gone into the physical layout of the 6000A Play's circuitry, protecting the sensitive preamp section from noise interference. The preamp section is kept as simple as possible to maintain signal purity, with line input signals passing to a precision analog volume stage. The volume range is from -78dB to +8dB in steps of 2dB and 1dB (step resolution increases with volume position).
Operation Modes: Although the 6000A Play is an integrated amplifier, it can also function as a separate preamp or power amplifier.
- Integrated Mode: In Integrated Mode, the preamplifier section and power amplifier are connected and both active. The unit's preouts are still operational in this mode, so a second power amplifier can be connected for bi-amplification or a powered subwoofer can be added to your speaker system.
- Pre-Power Mode: In Pre-Power Mode, the preamplifier section is internally disconnected from the power amplifier. The 6000A Play can then be used as a stand alone power amplifier in an AV setup. This mode can also be used if additional signal processing is required; connecting the preouts to an external signal processor and then take the output from the processor to the 6000A Play's Power Amp Input.
- Pre Mode: In Pre Mode, all signal to an form the power amplifier of the 6000A Play are disconnected. In this mode the 6000A Play functions only as a stand-alone preamplifier, so it can be connect to a stereo power amplifier or two mono-block amplifiers.
High-Quality DAC w/ Filters: The Audiolab 6000A Play's digital circuitry delivers the level of quality one might expect of a high-performance standalone DAC. The 6000A Play utilizes an ES9018 Sabre32 Reference chip DAC to perform D/A conversion, utilizing ESS Technology's 32-bit HyperStream architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator to deliver ultra-low noise and high dynamic range. The DAC in the 6000A Play has a choice of 3 digital filters.
- Fast: Standard flat response with fast frequency roll off above Fs/2 (half the sampling frequency).
- Slow: Starts rolling off at a lower frequency than the Fast filter, but has a more gentle rate of attenuation.
- Phase: Has a gentle attenuation slop similar to the Slow filter, but with minimum phase characteristics. It can be liked to an analog filter applied in the digital domain.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming w/ aptX: The Audiolab 6000A Play offers built-in Bluetooth with support wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer to the 6000A Play integrated amplifier. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC code, the 6000A Play integrated amp also supports Qualcomm aptX for "CD-quality" (44.1kHz/16-bit) sound from compatible source devices - such as Android smartphones and tablets, as well a Mac computers and laptops. You can pair multiple Bluetooth source devices with the integrated amplifier, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Audiolab 6000A Play is outfitted with two optical (toslink) and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs for connection of a CD player, Blu-ray, media streamer, and/or TV. The digital inputs supports 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Analog Inputs: The Audiolab 6000A Play is equipped with a total of five analog stereo RCA inputs. There is a power amp input, three line-level inputs, and one phono (MM) input.
- Power Amp Input: The Pow Amp input bypasses the 6000A Play's preamp section and allows you to use the 6000A Play as only a power amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The three line-level RCA input allow you to connect up to three analog audio source devices - such as a CD player, tape deck, and/or integrated amplifier.
- Phono (MM) Input: The phono (MM) input lets you directly connect a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge without an external phono preamp.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Audiolab 6000A Play is outfitted with a set of binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWB), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You can connect a pair of 8 ohm or 4 ohm loudspeakers.
Stereo RCA Preouts: The stereo RCA preouts can be used to connect an external power amplifier, powered subwoofer, or signal processor. The stereo RCA preouts are full-range.
Dedicated Headphone Amp: The Audiolab 6000A Play features a dedicated headphone amp and is outfitted with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack on the front-panel. When a set of headphones is connect the audio from the integrated amplifier's loudspeaker terminals is turned off. The dedicated headphone amp can support headphones with an impedance of 20 to 600 ohm.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: The Audiolab 6000A Play employs DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound - up to 24-bit/192kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Multiroom Audio: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. Supported multiroom audio sources include -
- Built-in DTS Play-Fi online music services and internet radio.
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS & Android devices with the Play-Fi App installed.
- Music libraries from your Windows PC, Mac computer, Music Server, or NAS Drive via DLNA or UPnP
- Analog (including Phono) & digital audio inputs, as well as Bluetooth audio.
USB Update: The rear-panel USB port can only be used for service and firmware update purposes.
OLED Screen: The front-panel OLED screen indicates source, volume, and menu information. The OLED screen does not support song/artist/album information.
IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the A6000A Play integrated amplifier and network audio player functions, as well as the Audiolab CD transport (sold separately).
12V Trigger In/Out: The 6000A Play features a 12V trigger output and 12V trigger input. Each input consists of a 3.5mm minijack. The 12V trigger output can be used to control and synchronize the Power On/Off of another component with a 12V trigger input with the Audiolabs 6000A Play. The 12V trigger input can be used to control and synchronize the Power On/Off of the 6000A Play integrated amplifier with another component that features a 12V trigger output.
Auto Standby: The 6000A Play integrated amplifier will automatically enter standby mode after 20 minutes or 1 hour of no audio signal and control inactivity.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Audiolab 6000A Play comes with a detachable 6.5' IEC 2-prong AC power cord.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh