Kenwood KAC-6407 /4-channel car amplifier — 40 watts RMS x 4
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (60 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 130 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class AB design
- switchable high-pass filter (80 Hz, 12 dB per octave) on front (A ch) channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB per octave) on rear (B ch) channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal sensing turn-on with high-level inputs eliminates need for remote lead
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- 13-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAC-6407
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). Using CTA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood KAC-6407 is rated at 40 watts RMS x 4 channels with an 80 dBA signal to noise ratio. The signal to noise ratio at the rated power output (not CTA-2006 conditions) is 100 dB.
2-Ohm Stable: The amplifier can support a 2-ohm load in stereo; the 2-ohm power output is 60 watts RMS x 4 channels.
Bridgeable: Each half of the four-channel amplifier can be bridged into a 4-ohm mono load; the bridged output is 130 watts RMS x 2 channels. If you prefer, just half the amp can be bridged for three-channel operation (40 watts RMS x 2 channels + 130 watts RMS x 1 channel).
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The KAC-6407 utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure the amplifier stays cool.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- speaker wire short-circuits
- speaker output contacts ground
- unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- the amp overheats
Power Indicator: When the amplifier is turned on the Power indicator (on top of the amp) lights up. This indicator turns off with the amplifier, and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, the amp will turn on automatically when it senses the input signal.
Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the KAC-6407 features an adjustable gain control; 0.2-5.0 volts line level (RCA) and 4.0-12.0 volts speaker level.
Crossover: The four-channel amp is separated into two halves, labeled A and B. The A and B sections have independent crossovers:
- A-Channels: high pass with a fixed 80 Hz crossover point; 12 dB/octave slope; can be turned on or off as needed.
- B-Channels: low-pass with a continuously variable (50-200 Hz) crossover point; 24 dB/octave slope; can be turned on or off as needed.
Power Connections: The power and ground connections have 0.44" wide screw terminals. The remote turn-on screw terminal is 0.315" wide. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended. Minimum 10 gauge wire is required for power and ground. A 30-amp fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery terminal.
Speaker Outputs: The four pairs of speaker outputs have 0.315" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are also recommended for the speaker wires.
Line Level Input: The line input features two pairs of stereo RCA jacks (A-channels and B-channels).
Speaker Level Input: An 8.5" 4-channel wiring harness is included for the speaker level input.
Fuse: The amplifier uses a 30-amp ATO blade-type fuse.
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||40 x 4|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||60 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||130 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|