Yamaha WX-051 MusicCast 50 Wireless Speaker
Beatles in the bedroom? Bach in the bath? Get all of your music, wherever and whenever you want with Yamaha’s multi-room wireless MusicCast system. The MusicCast 50, one of the legendary audio and instrument maker’s latest line of multi-room systems, combines acoustic excellence with infinite versatility. A single speaker supplies surprisingly satisfying stereo, or pair two (and the MusicCast Sub, coming soon) for a solid sat-sub stereo system. Tap into the major online music services, or access your own digital collection. Control it all from your phone or pad with a simple app, or ask Alexa to do it for you.
- MusicCast Surround (single or dual)
- Built-in dual band Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth and AirPlay
- Networks with Yamaha receivers and other MusicCast speakers
- Includes optical and analog inputs
- Decodes high resolution music files (ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF)
- Streams from top online services Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Napster, SiriusXM and Tidal
- Free, easy-to-use MusicCast Controller app
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa
- Top-mounted alarm-clock button and three presets
- Two 3-7/8” woofers, two 1-1/8” soft dome tweeters, stand alone stereo or pair
- 70 watt amplifier (two channels, 35w each @ 1kHz)
- Dimensions: 15-3/4” wide by 4-7/8” high by 7-7/8” deep
- Weight: 9.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
Handles all your sources
An optical digital input turns your MusicCast 50 into a TV sound system. A 3.5mm phone jack lets you attach your legacy analog equipment. If it’s near a router, run a length of CAT-5 cable to connect to your home network. All those, plus Apple AirPlay, audio-quality Bluetooth and dual-band Wi-Fi, means that however you’re equipped, wherever you stash your sound, the MusicCast 50 is your hookup.
Access to all your favorite music streaming apps
The MusicCast Controller app (free, for Apple or Android) puts access to that grand jukebox in the clouds right in the palm of your hand. Stream via Spotify Connect, Pandora, Tidal, Deezer, Napster and more (subscriptions may be required), and access hundreds of free Internet radio stations. Or hook into the home network server to queue up your own tune collection. And the MusicCast system handles today’s higher-resolution music files, up to 192kHz/24 bit in most lossless formats, for the finest listening experience.
Fingertip – or voice – control
Control the sound in every room, choose from among all your sources, pick favorites and hide lesser-used ones, pipe the same music to all your speakers or direct different tunes to each – the MusicCast Controller app is highly customizable and intuitive. The MusicCast 50 has a great bedside manner as well, with alarm-clock and three “favorites” buttons along the top edge. And with integration with Amazon’s intelligent Alexa, you get voice-control of the MusicCast system via any Echo device.
Built for superior sonics
You’d expect no less than the finest reproduction from a speaker engineered by Yamaha. And the MusicCast 50 delivers, with dual 3-7/8” low-frequency drivers and soft-dome 1-1/8” tweeters, driven by a custom-designed 35 watt-per-channel stereo amp. One compact, stylish and unobtrusive speaker (in your choice of white or black) fills nearly any room in your home with that satisfyingly big Yamaha sound.
- Maximum output power: 70W
- Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G (802.11a/b/g/n))
- USB: Service only
- Sound modes: Standard, Bass Booster
- Hi-res audio codec: WAV, FLAC, AIFF 192kHZ/24-bit
- Speaker unit
- 3 7/8" x 2 aluminum cone woofers
- 1 1/8" x 2 horn tweeters
- Bass reflex port
- Alarm: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 15 3/4" x 4 7/8" x 7 /78"
- Weight: 9.9 lbs.