Yamaha WX-021 MusicCast 20 Wireless Speaker
Beatles in the bedroom? Bach in the bath? Get your music wherever, whenever you want – it’s all at your fingertips with Yamaha’s multi-room wireless MusicCast system. The compact MusicCast 20, one of the latest line of wireless speakers, combines Yamaha’s engineering excellence with versatility. Combine two 20s with the MusicCast Sub (coming soon) for a solid sat-sub stereo system. Tap into the major online music services, or access your own digital collection. Control it all from your phone or pad with an adaptable app, or ask Alexa to do it for you. Wrapped in a stylish and compact package, the MusicCast 20 frees your system – and your ears – from the earthbound woes of wires.
- MusicCast Surround capable
- Built-in dual band Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth and AirPlay
- Networks with Yamaha receivers and other MusicCast speakers
- Includes optical and analog inputs
- Decodes high resolution music files (ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF)
- Streams from top online services Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Napster, SiriusXM and Tidal
- Free, easy-to-use MusicCast Controller app
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa
- Top-mounted alarm-clock button, three presets and status lights
- 3-1/2” woofer, 1-1/8” soft dome tweeter and two passive radiators for all-around sound
- 40-watt amplifier (25w woofer, 15w tweeter)
- Two colors – white and black – and small footprint blends into any decor
- Dimensions: 5-7/8" wide x 7-3/8" high x 5-1/8" deep
- Weight: 4.8 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
Home theater? Voila!
Yamaha has added a new capability to its latest MusicCast line: wireless surround sound. Just add a pair of MusicCast 20s and your wired front and center speakers to one of the company’s latest V-series receivers, and get instant 5.1 surround without the usual tripping hazard. For a fuller foundation, consider adding Yamaha’s MusicCast Sub, when it arrives later this year, to your system’s bottom line. (Note that MusicCast Surround is not compatible with earlier MusicCast units.)
Access to your favorite music streaming apps
The built-in Wi-Fi and the MusicCast Controller app (free, for Apple or Android) bring access to that grand jukebox from the cloud right into the palm of your hand. Stream via Spotify Connect, Pandora, Tidal, Deezer, Napster and more (subscriptions may be required), and access hundreds of free Internet radio stations. Or hook into your home network server to queue up your own tune collection. And the MusicCast system handles today’s high-resolution music files, up to 192kHz/24 bit in most lossless formats, for the finest listening experience.
Fingertip – or voice – control
Control the sound in every room, choose from among all your sources, pick favorites and hide lesser-used ones, pipe the same music to all your speakers or direct different tunes to each – the MusicCast Controller app is highly customizable and intuitive. You can even add pictures of each room to your screens. The MusicCast 20 has a great bedside manner as well, with alarm-clock capabilities and three “favorites” buttons along the top. Integration with Amazon’s intelligent Alexa means you get voice-control of the MusicCast system via any Echo device.
Built for superior sonics
You’d expect no less than excellent audio from a speaker engineered by Yamaha. And the MusicCast 20 delivers, with a 3-1/2” low-frequency driver and a soft-dome 1-1/8” tweeter, each driven by separate custom-designed amps (40 watts total), plus dual passive radiators, for full-range all-round audio. A pair of these compact, stylish and unobtrusive speakers (in your choice of white or black) fits anywhere, and fills nearly any room with satisfying Yamaha sound.
- Maximum output power: 40W
- Inputs: Ethernet
- Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G (802.11a/b/g/n)
- USB: Service only
- Sound modes: Standard, Bass booster
- Hi-res audio codec: WAV, FLAC, AIFF 192kHz/24-bit
- Speaker unit
- 3 1/2" aluminum cone woofer
- 1 1/8" soft dome tweeter
- Dual passive radiators
- Alarm: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5 7/8" x 7 3/8" x 5 1/8"
- Weight: 4.8 lbs.