Yamaha RX-V2085 9.2-Channel AV Receiver
This 9.2-channel AV receiver harnesses dual ESS Sabre DACs, seven HDMI inputs, three HDMI outputs, Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X, multi-zone functionality, phono input, Wi-Fi, YPAO with precision EQ, and much more.
- 9.2-Channel surround sound
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Watts per channel
- 175W per channel (8 ohms, 0.9% THD, 1K)
- 140W per channel (8 ohms, 0.06% THD, 20Hz - 20kHz)
- 4K UHD, HDR, HDMI 2.1 (7 in/3 out)
- Dolby Vision and BT.2020 pass-through built-in
- ESS Hyperstream DAC, 384kHz/32-bit
- Powered Zone 2/3 with HDMI zone 4
- YPAO RSC sound optimization with 3D and angle calibration
- Wi-Fi, AirPlay, Bluetooth
- MusicCast multiroom audio
- Voice control via Alexa devices
- Streaming services (Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Napster, TIDAL, Deezer)
- New remote and GUI
Total Purity Concept
The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology, and independent pure power supplies. This model has fully discrete power amplifiers that help minimize distortion. It also adopts pure independent power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heat sinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise on certain models. Down to every detail, this AV receiver is designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Aluminum Front Panel
The receiver features a sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors, and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
Dual ESS SABRE ES9007S Premier Audio DACs
Incorporating the SABRE 9007S Premier Audio DAC from ESS Technology to achieve an exceptionally good signal-to-noise ratio and up to 120 dB of dynamic range, this AV receiver produces professional quality digital audio.
This AI technology built into the DSP analyzes the scene of your entertainment content and creates an optimal surround effect to reproduce it with the greatest effect. In real time, this AI instantaneously analyzes scenes by focusing on distinct sound elements such as dialogue, background music, ambient sounds, and sound effects, and automatically optimizes the surround effect. The result is a compelling sense of realism beyond conventional sound field effects, giving you the best of every scene in an entertainment experience.
4K Ultra HD HDMI Support
Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through. It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma. This provides incredible contrast, smooth tone, and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality.
Three HDMI Outputs
With three HDMI output terminals, you can simultaneously connect to the TV, LCD projector, and other devices to watch two separate video sources at the same time. Or broadcast the same video source like a ball game across all outputs.
HDMI Zone Switching
You can transmit video or audio content to a TV or home theater system in another room (Zone 2) via HDMI. This lets you enjoy viewing and listening to the same main room content (where the AV receiver is installed), or even different content.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirPlay Compatible
Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a connection with your wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections for music streaming or enjoying networked audio (PC/NAS). Bluetooth connectivity is also included for streaming from Bluetooth devices to your receiver.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
Compatibility with these amazing sound technologies creates an extraordinary experience. They deliver breathtakingly rich and realistic surround sound, positioning, and moving individual sounds to any virtual point in your room, including objects moving overhead. Experience the overwhelming realistic movement and immersion in videos — right in your home.
Add an external power amplifier (pre-main amplifier) to this AV receiver to improve and enhance the sound of your speakers. By using a power amplifier to drive the important front channels in home theater, this added power supports your system with an emphasis on sound quality.
Wireless Surround Speakers
Combine this AV receiver with the upcoming MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless speakers and enjoy the convenience of creating a home theater with wireless surround speakers in 5.1-ch. Get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup, and turn your current living room into an entertainment environment where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
Start with this AV receiver in your home theater and expand to other rooms over time with MusicCast speakers, sound bars, or Hi-Fi gear. Stream your music and TV sound everywhere using your existing Wi-Fi network. With MusicCast, the system grows with you, and there’s no need to run wires through walls.
The free MusicCast app puts control of your AV receiver in the palm of your hand. Access your sources and streaming services, adjust volume and sound settings, and link with other MusicCast devices for simultaneous playback throughout your home.
Amazon Alexa on MusicCast
"Alexa, turn up the volume." With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. Use any Alexa-enabled device, such as an Echo or Echo Dot, to control either the AV receiver by itself or multiple MusicCast devices throughout your home.
Explore a world of music with built-in music streaming services. Syncing your playlists and likes from your smart device to the receiver and discovering new music becomes even easier with your Receiver.
YPAO - R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control with 3D, Multi-Point Measurement and Precision EQ)
YPAO-R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. It uses precision EQ calculation to achieve the most natural room acoustics possible and Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
Enjoy music from your vinyl collection through the phono input terminal.
- Channels: 9.2
- Rated output power (20Hz - 20kHz, 2ch driven): 140W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum effective output power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 220W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power/Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms) 165/210/285/405W
- Surround:AI: Yes
- Cinema DSP: Yes (HD3)
- DSP programs: 24
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT cinema/Virtual cinema DSP: Yes (virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/Mpeg-4 AAC: Up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, DSD: Up to 11.2MHz
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes
- High-resolution music enhancer: Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Contro), 3D, 64-bit precision EQ calculation and angle measurement
- YPAO volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (dynamic range control): Yes
- Initial volume and maximum volume setting: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0-500ms)
- DA converter: ESS 384kHz/32-bit SABRE premier DAC ES9007S x2
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC): Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (analog to HDMI/HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz refresh rate/Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4/5GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Phono input: Yes
- Component video input/output: 2/0
- HDMI input/output: 7/3 (HDCP2.2, HDR10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, device control)
- USB input: USB memory
- Network port: Yes
- Front AV input: USB
- Digital audio input/output optical: 3/0
- Digital audio input/output coaxial: 3/0
- Analog audio input/output: 9 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 4/0
- Preout: 7.2-ch
- Headphone output: 1
- FM/AM tuner: Yes (FM only)
- On-screen display: Graphical User Interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (8 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone/iPad/Android phone/tablet)
- Web browser control: Yes
- Remote control unit: Yes (preset)
- Zone 2 audio output: Preout/HDMI
- Zone 3 audio output: Preout
- Zone 4 audio output: HDMI
- Powered Zone: Zone 2/3
- Zone video output: HDMI/component/composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (advanced HDMI zone switching)
- Zone B output: HDMI
- Zone GUI: Yes
- RS-232C interface: Yes
- +12V trigger output: 2
- Remote (IR) input/output: 1/1
- Party mode: Yes
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
- Weight: 37.5 lbs.