Yamaha WXC-50 MusicCast Wireless Streaming Preamplifier with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Apple AirPlay
MusicCast wireless streaming preamplifier with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay
Yamaha's WXC-50 MusicCast preamp makes it easy to enjoy your favorite Internet music streaming services, audio files, and more in any room of your house. Just connect it to your A/V receiver, stereo system, or a pair of powered speakers, and use your existing Wi-Fi network to access your music with the free MusicCast app. Stream wirelessly to your home theater or stereo system with the Yamaha WXC-50 MusicCast Wireless Streaming Preamplifier. It has Wi-Fi, AirPlay, Bluetooth, and DLNA connectivity built-in for a wireless connection to your compatible smart device. Its optical and stereo RCA inputs allow for a wired connection while its USB input will play digitally stored files from a compatible USB drive. The preamp connects to your home theater or Hi-Fi system via its digital coaxial or stereo RCA outputs.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming and transmission
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components for whole-home audio
- Free MusicCast app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple or Android device
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer
- Built-in music enhancer for smoothing out the sound of over-compressed MP3 files
- Multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (each plays individually selected music)
- Can be placed horizontally or vertically to fit in nearly any space
- Front-panel volume and playback controls
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- Back-panel switch for turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Rear USB input for connecting a thumb drive or portable music player
- ESS Sabre DAC for detailed, accurate sound
- Optical digital, Coaxial digital, and Analog RCA outputs for connection to your amplifier or audio system
- Subwoofer output
- Optical digital and analog RCA inputs
- Product weight: 4.28 lbs.
- Dimensions: 8-3/8"W x 2"H x 9-5/8"D (4-7/8"H with Wi-Fi antenna raised; 1-5/8"H without antenna or feet)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WXC-50DS
Audiophile Sound, Exquisite Design
The WXC-50 features a solid metal body with an aluminum cover and a slim, compact design that fits just about anywhere. Under the hood, you’ll find high-performance components and advanced circuitry that deliver powerful, sonically-pure preamplification.
Control at Your Fingertips
Connect the WXC-50 to your existing AV receiver or Hi-Fi system, then download the free MusicCast app to connect it to your existing home Wi-Fi to create a powerful streaming audio system.
Quickly select sources, browse your music library and control playback right from your smartphone or tablet. You can also control sound EQ settings from the app.
All Your Content
Access streaming music and Internet radio stations, music files on your mobile devices and computers, Bluetooth® sources and external sources such as a TV, Blu-ray Disc™ player or even a turntable.
A single WXC-50 can be used with your home theater or Hi-Fi system to create a standalone streaming audio system or multiple units can be used throughout the home. Play different music in each room or get everyone listening to the same thing. It can also be used with other MusicCast speakers, sound bars, AV receivers or Hi-Fi gear, providing more options and versatility than ever before.
Bluetooth® and AirPlay®
Stream virtually any audio source via Bluetooth as an input to the WXC-50. Bluetooth sources can be redistributed through Wi-Fi to other MusicCast devices. Or stream using AirPlay from an Apple® device to a single unit.
Slim, Compact Design
Only 2" tall and 8-3/8" wide, it can be placed horizontally or vertically, allowing it to fit neatly in almost any space.
Rack Shelf Friendly
With the feet removed, the WXC-50 is only 1-5/8" high, allowing it to be placed on a rack shelf within a 1U high rack space. Two units can be placed side-by-side on a 19" wide shelf.
Superior Audio Technology
Yamaha’s relentless pursuit of sonic purity is clearly evident in the engineering of the WXC-50. The preamp circuitry uses the same high-performance ESS digital-to-analog converter (DAC) found in high-end Yamaha AV receivers and a proprietary power supply ground configuration prevents sound degradation. A 48-bit digital volume control provides much greater precision and quality than conventional controls. A highly-rigid metal chassis supplies the stability necessary for clear, powerful music reproduction.
The WXC-50 supports high-resolution audio –including FLAC/WAV/AIFF up to 192 kHz/24-bit, Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96 kHz/24-bit and DSD up to 5.6 MHz – for more accurate reproduction of sonic details, presence and atmosphere.
Yamaha Proprietary Sound Processing
The Compressed Music Enhancer greatly improves sound reproduction from smartphones or other compressed sources, like MP3 files. Volume-adaptive EQ automatically adjusts the bass/treble balance according to the volume level. Advanced Bass Extension Processing provides a deeper, richer low-end sound — great for use with compact or in-wall speakers. Direct playback mode allows you to play back high-resolution audio sources just as they are, without any processing.
If you want to adjust volume from a connected Hi-Fi amp or AV receiver, the WXC-50 allows you to turn off "preamp" mode and use the device as a network audio player. Switching to "player" mode bypasses the volume control and any processing, allowing direct playback of high-resolution audio.
Pressing any button on the front panel turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source providing quick and easy access to your favorite music.
The WXC-50 also comes with an ultra-slim remote offering six presets, so you can quickly access your favorite Internet radio stations even when your smartphone or tablet’s not handy.
Pro-Grade Connectivity and Control
The WXC-50 supports professional-grade features including:
- Wired Ethernet port
- Wireless off switch
- Optical and analog inputs
- Digital optical and coax outputs
- Subwoofer out
- Trigger in/out
- Remote in
Convenient Connectivity with Select Yamaha Hi-Fi Amplifiers
The WXC-50 provides a convenient way to connect with select Yamaha Hi-Fi amplifiers that have main in and trigger inputs. When connected in the manner shown here, the Hi-Fi amplifier’s system power can be turned on and the volume can be controlled via the MusicCast app.
Low Power Consumption
The WXC-50 consumes less than two watts of power in standby mode. When the power is on, power consumption is still a low 5 W, and even when used for long periods, power consumption is environmentally friendly. In addition, the Auto Power Standby feature lets you save energy by automatically turning the power off after two, four, eight or 12 hours.
Turn your entire home into a concert hall. Combine the world’s most advanced piano, the Disklavier ENSPIRE, with MusicCast to enjoy the sound and music of a real acoustic piano in any room of your home.