SVS PB1000 10" 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
SVS PB1000 10" 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Ported Box Home Theater Subwoofer with 10" high output driver and 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power amplifier, the PB-1000 delivers ground-shaking SPL output and subterranean low frequency extension without sacrificing detail and accuracy. SVS placed the PB-1000's flared, low-noise port on the front of the enclosure to minimize back-wall interaction for greater bass accuracy and easier sub placement. The PB-1000's strong, rigid cabinet helps eliminate cabinet flex and resonance to keep your bass clean.
- Frequency response: 19-270 Hz (±3 dB)
- Built-in Class D amplifier delivers 300 watts RMS of continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power)
- Advanced DSP processor maintains control over the subwoofer at all drive levels for refined, low-distortion sound
- Lightweight, long-throw 10" woofer for enhanced sensitivity and high-output levels
- Bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- Rear-mounted volume, crossover, phase, and power controls
- Digital actuator control knobs for precise and noise-free adjustment
- Continuously variable low-pass 50-160 Hz crossover with a disable (LFE) setting for connecting an A/V receiver
- Continuously variable phase control (0-180°)
- Main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- Line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- Speaker-level inputs
- Filtered RCA line outputs (fixed 80 Hz, 12dB/octave high-pass)
- Remote trigger input
- Detachable power cord
- Premium black ash woodgrain vinyl finish
- 15"W x 18-15/16"H x 20"D
- Weight: 46 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money back guarantee
10" High Output Woofer: The front-firing 10" high output woofer of the SVS PB-1000 powered subwoofer pumps out deep and powerful bass with low distortion, for smooth and accurate performance on music and movies soundtracks. The woofer features a lightweight 10" cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response, a long-throw suspension for high output at low frequencies, plus a rubber surround for durability and long-life. It also incorporates FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion, high-power voice coil for excellent thermal management, and vented pole piece for greater cooling.
STA-300D Sledge Amplifier: The PB-1000 powered subwoofer employs a Sledge STA-300D amplifier with efficient and cool-running Class D topology. The amplifier is conservatively rated at 300 watts RMS and 720 watts Peak. This amp features a highly advanced DSP processor offering unmatched control over the subwoofer at all volume levels, for distortion free bass.
Rigid Ported Enclosure: The SVS PB-1000 powered subwoofer features a rigid and strong cabinet to resist unwanted distortion caused by vibration. The cabinet utilizes a bass reflex (ported) design with a front-firing 3.5" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares for smooth bass output. The cabinet is elegantly finished in a premium black ash wood-grain vinyl and fits with practically any décor.
Variable Controls: The PB-1000 subwoofer has simple and straightforward control options that make integrating the subwoofer into your listening environment an easy task. The control knobs are actually digital actuators for precise and noise-free adjustment.
- Volume Control: The Volume Control (Min/Max) affects how loud the subwoofer plays. It should be adjusted to match the output level of your loudspeakers.
Low Pass Crossover: This Low Pass Crossover affects the upper frequency limit of the powered sub. The control
range is 50-160 Hz, along with a "LFE" (disabled) setting. The slope of the low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave. For connection to a home theater receiver, the low pass should be set to "LFE" (disabled). For stereo receiver, it should be adjusted to blend with the natural roll-off frequency of your loudspeakers.
- Phase Control: The Phase Control (0-180°) delays the signal being processed through the amplifier. It should be adjusted to obtain the most coherent and stable soundstage and transition between your loudspeakers and the powered subwoofer.
Low-Level and High-Level Connectivity: Comprehensive and flexible connectivity with low-level or high-level options allow for easy set-up and integration into your home theater or stereo system
- LFE/RCA Inputs: These unbalanced RCA inputs are used for line-level connections between your receiver and the powered sub. For a single mono connection to a home theater receiver, use the R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R inputs.
- Speaker Inputs: This connection method is for 2-channel stereo applications where the integrated amplifier or stereo receiver only has high-level (i.e., speaker-level) outputs. The powered sub's speaker inputs consist of 5-way binding posts that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
- RCA Outputs: These unbalanced RCA outputs are used in stereo applications to high pass the signal being sent to the loudspeaker amplifier. The line level outputs feature a fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter.
Placement Options: If possible, place the subwoofer near the front stage, for best blending with the front and center loudspeaker channels.
- Corner Placement: Corner placement will accommodate most rooms and will reduce the chances for encountering a null (an acoustic cancellation in the bass response) at the listening position. If your AV receiver equalizes the subwoofer channel during auto-set-up, corner placement will often provide the best overall performance.
- Other Placement Options: If corner placement sound excessively boomy, then try moving the subwoofer to other available locations along the front stage, listening for the best balance of output and a smooth accurate response. Always redo the auto-set-up of your AV receiver after moving the subwoofer to a different location to ensure the acoustic distance and calibration level are set correctly.
- Dual Subs: To maximize the bass output and impact of your home theater, two PB-1000s can be paired; one on either side of your room.