Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Cherry)
Polk Audio RTi A1
Treat yourself to detailed, accurate sound with Polk's compact RTi A1 bookshelf speakers. They feature Polk's exclusive Dynamic Balance® drivers for smooth accurate response. Plus the woofers and tweeters undergo careful laser testing to help identify and eliminate unwanted resonances that can hinder a speaker's performance.
- - Video-shielded
- - Bass-reflex (ported) design
- - Frequency response 60-26,000 Hz (-3dB)
- - Handles 20-125 watts
- - 1" Dynamic Balance silk/polymer tweeter
- - 5-1/4" Dynamic Balance polymer composite woofer
- - PowerPort® technology improves bass response without introducing distortion
- - 8-ohm impedance
- - Sensitivity 89 dB
- - 5-way binding post terminals
- - Real wood veneer finish
- - 7-3/8"W x 12-1/16"H x 11-11/16"D
- - Warranty: 5 years
- Dynamic Balance:Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Polymer Composite Woofers: Each speaker features a 5-1/4" polymer composite woofer for smooth wide-range response with low distortion. For high performance durability, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- Silk/Polymer Tweeters: Each speaker has a 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter that provides clear, detailed highs. Each tweeter features mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers to extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency. Each tweeter features low viscosity ferro-fluid cooling with a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- Frequency Response: The overall frequency response is 50Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 60-26kHz.
- Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate (DAHLI) Cabinet Design: All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures a resonance-free enclosure for accurate sound. The asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system. The elegant styling aside, curved cabinets not only result in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible coloration from panel resonances.
- Power Port Venting System: Each speaker has a rear-firing Power Port venting system built into its back plate for precise deep bass response. This venting system allows air velocity to slow gradually, vastly reducing air turbulence, and delivering greater bass efficiency than conventional ports.
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC): Internal cabinet resonance can impart a "thick" character to voices. Polk's patented Acoustic Resonance Control port system overcomes this problem. In addition to the Power Port venting system, each speaker has a front-firing port that is tuned to suppress the internal cabinet resonance, resulting in smooth, natural midrange reproduction.
- Anti-Diffraction Grilles: The floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Dual 5-Way Binding Posts: Each speaker has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers. Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
- Wall Mounting: The Power Port back plate on each speaker has a keyhole slot, allowing the speaker to be mounted on the wall using the supplied 2-1/2" wood screws.
- Magnetically Shielded: The speakers are magnetically shielded, allowing you to place them near your television without distorting the picture.
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh