Polk Audio HTS 10 Powered Subwoofer (Washed Black Walnut)
Polk Audio HTS 10 Powered Subwoofer
Deep Bass for Home Theater and Music
The Polk HTS 10 subwoofer enhances home theater and music listening with powerful deep bass. It features a long-throw Dynamic Balance 10” driver, patented Power Port technology, and a state-of-the-art 200W Class D amplifier.
- Bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with down-firing Power Port® for clear, accurate bass
- 10" front-firing polypropylene woofer
- 100-watt RMS (200-watt peak) Class D amplifier
- Frequency response: 30-120 Hz (-3dB)
- RCA line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- Variable low-pass crossover control
- Phase switch to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers
- Automatically powers off when it no longer receives signal from the receiver
- 15-1/8"W x 16-5/8"H x 18-1/16"D
- Weight: 37.75 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years woofer, 3 years amplifier
Deep Bass for Home Theater and Music
Whether you’re installing a new set of surround or ATMOS speakers, adding a second subwoofer for the ultimate home theater experience, or just need more core-pounding impact from your favorite music, the HTS 10 delivers the powerful bass you crave with its long-throw 10” driver, patented Power Port technology, and 200W Class D amplifier.
Patented Power Port Technology
The Power Port floor-firing design smoothly transitions air flow from the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence, distortion, and port noise. At the port-tuning frequency, Power Port equipped subwoofers have 3dB less port noise than similarly configured subwoofers without Power Port.
Dynamic Balance Drivers
Front-firing 10” driver with Polk's patented Dynamic Balance technology is Klippel optimized to provide clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
American Modern Styling
Curved edges offer a sensual yet powerful look that fits with any home decor—available in a stunning black washed walnut or classic brown walnut finish.
Built-in controls for variable volume, low pass filter and phase (0/180°) for optimum bass levels. Set power toggle to Auto on/off or DC control (12V trigger) for fast and easy on/off power switching in the sub and other home theater equipment—all easily accessible on the back panel.
Connect via LFE (unfiltered / low pass disabled) or stereo line level RCA inputs—complements any home theater system (cables not included).
Quality Crafted Cabinet Design
Strong, rigid, and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, with extra bracing and minimum thick baffles, ensures a more life-like sound.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 14" x 13" x 14"
- Subwoofer array driver enclosure type: Power port bass vented
- Subwoofer array driver complement: (1) 10"d (round) polypropylene dynamic balance and Klippel optimized driver - subwoofer
- Peak power: 200W
- Continuous power: 100W
- Amplifier class: Class D
- Total frequency response: 25Hz - 180Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Lower and upper -3dB limits: 30Hz - 120Hz
- Audio inputs
- LFE (unfiltered)
- Stereo Line Level - (2) RCA
- IO button location: Back panel
- US power cycle: Energy Start compliant with Auto Standby
0" Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Woofer: The HTS 10 houses a front-firing 10" polypropylene long-throw woofer with rubber surround for deep, accurate bass. The woofer incorporates Polk's patented Dynamic Balance technology and is Klippel optimized to provide clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
100W Class D Amplifier: The Polk HTS10 employs a 100 watt (RMS) / 200 watt (Peak) Class D amplifier for dynamic bass performance.
Power Port Technology: The Polk HTS 10 powered subwoofer utilizes floor-firing patented Power Port Technology for deeper bass response and reduced port noise. The Power Port floor-firing design smoothly transitions air flow from the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence, distortion, and port noise. At the port tuning frequency, Power Port equipped subwoofers have 3dB less port noise than similarly configured subwoofers without Power Port.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The powered sub's strong, rigid, and acoustically inert curved enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. Its non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, with extra bracing and thick baffle, ensures a more lifelike sound.
Controls: Built-in controls for variable volume, low pass filter, and phase let you tune in optimum bass levels. All controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Volume: The rotary volume knob adjusts the volume of the powered sub relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Low-Pass Filter: The variable low-pass filter is adjustable from 40-160 Hz. The low-pass filter is only active for the powered sub's stereo RCA inputs. The low-pass filter is deactivated when using the powered sub's LFE input.
- Phase: The phase switch allows you to select 0-degrees (normal) or 180-degrees (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
Line-Level Inputs: The Polk HTS 10 powered subwoofer is outfitted with an unfiltered LFE input and filtered stereo RCA inputs (subwoofer cable not included).
- LFE Input (Unfiltered): The LFE input consists of an unfiltered mono-RCA jack (the LFE input bypasses the powered sub's variable low pass filter). Using the LFE input when connecting to an AV receiver or integrated amp with a filtered LFE output and built-in crossover control.
- Stereo RCA Input (Filtered): The Stereo input consists of a left & right RCA jack (both jacks are filtered). Use the Stereo input when connecting to a receiver or integrated amp that does not have an LFE output, but does provide a preamp output.
Auto & DC Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn on when an audio signal is received and off when there is no audio signal for about 20 minutes. There is also a 12V trigger input on the back of powered sub which allows it to power on with your receiver or integrated amp that features a 12V trigger output (the 12V trigger provides a faster auto on/off).
What's in the Box:
- HTS 10" Subwoofer
- Removable speaker grille
- Power cord
- Quick start guide
- Product registration card
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh