Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 7.2 Channel Receiver
Featuring 5.2.2-ch surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X optimized by MCACC, and spectacular view by Ultra HD video, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision, the VSX-LX103 brings the thrills of the movie theater to your home. What’s more, FlareConnect offers wireless multi-room audio with easy control on the Pioneer Remote App for various sources, including vinyl records. Songs from internet radio and network streaming services can also be enjoyed with Chromecast built-in and DTS Play-Fi via your smartphone.
- Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround Upmixing
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
- Supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals
- 170W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- 80W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven, FTC)
Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-LX103 is compatible with 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs including DTS formats can now be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs including Dolby formats can now be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
The VSX-LX103 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level, and distance, and equalizes response.
Synchronized Sound with Phase Control
As an innovative solution for the phase lag between the subwoofer and the main channel speakers caused by the bass management filter, Phase Control compensates the delayed bass to improve sound synchronization.
When using Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, high directivity sound from the unit reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. The different pathways cause a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. The Reflex Optimizer, which uses the Phase Control technology, adjusts this shift, and improves the localization of the sound image by aligning the frequencies with those of the floor speakers, creating the ideal reproduction environment.
Multi-room Audio Offers a Variety of Ways to Enjoy Music
FlareConnect shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Pioneer Remote App.
The VSX-LX103 comes with Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook. The VSX-LX103 also works with Google Assistant, so you can give voice commands via Google Assistant built-in devices such as Google Home to operate the AV receiver without lifting a finger. Discover Chromecast-enabled apps at google.com/cast/apps.
DTS Play-Fi wirelessly streams any audio content from any compatible mobile device to the VSX-LX103 and DTS Play-Fi compatible audio systems, creating a multi-room system in your home. You can stream different sources to different speakers at the same time from the Pioneer Music Control App.
- Amplifier design: Direct Energy
- Channels: 7
- Power output: Watts per channel (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08THD @ 8 ohm FTC): 80W
- Power output: Watts per channel (6 ohms 1kHz 1 % 1ch driven): 170W
- Estimated power consumption/Network standby off: 460W/0.1W
Handheld and Internet
- AirPlay only
- iOS/Android Remote Control APP: Pioneer Remote app
- Pandora Internet Radio
- Internet Radio: TuneIn Radio
- Streaming audio from PC/network
- Music playback via USB network
- Chromecast built-in
- Hi-Res audio
- TIDAL music streaming service ready
Decoders and Formats
- Digital Core DSP Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad Core)
- Audio DACs: 384kHz/32-bit (AK4458)
- High-Definition Copy Protection (HDCP): 2.2
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby Surround
- DTS:HD Master Audio
- HDMI SACD Transfer
- Phase control
- MCACC memory
- Symmetric EQ
- Auto subwoofer crossover
- Auto Surround
- Stream Direct: Yes (Direct, Pure Direct)
- Advanced Surround
- Front stage surround advance
- DSD Music File: 2ch (2.8MHz/5.6MHz)
- Advanced sound retriever
- Tone control: 2 channel
- Sound Delay (Lip Sync): Yes (500ms)
- 4K 60p Ultra HD passthrough: Yes, HDR10, Dolby Vision compatible
- 4K 60p Ultra HD video scaler: Ultra HD upscaling
- 3D ready
- Audio return channel
- HDMI 36-bit deep color
- Video converter to HDMI
- Video scaler: 1080p -> 4K
- Super resolution
- HDMI input/output: 6 In (rear)/1 Out
- Wi-Fi built-in: Yes (Dual Band 5GHz/2.4GHz
- Bluetooth built-in: Yes
- USB memory input
- Ethernet input: Yes
- Composite A/V input/output: 2 In
- Analog audio inputs/outputs: 6 In
- Phono input: Yes
- Digital inputs/output: 2 In (optical 1, coaxial 1)
- Pre-amp outputs: Yes (Zone 2)
- Headphone output: Yes
- Front A/V inputs: USB, 3.5mm stereo input
- AM/FM presets: 40 presets
- Home menu: GUI with system/network setup menu
- Zone 2 sources: Analog, Bluetooth, USB, and NET
- 12 volt trigger (assignable): 1 out
- IR serial remote In/Out: 1 In
- RS-232C: 1
- IP control for CI: Yes
- FL dimmer: Yes
- Sleep timer: Yes
- Detachable power cord: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 13/16" x 14 9/16"
- Weight: 20.7 lbs.