Parrot AR.DRONE 2.0 Flight Recorder: GPS, 4GB, return to take-off location feature
Parrot Flight Recorder Using the Parrot Flight Recorder, the AR.Drone 2.0 is the first toy with on-board GPS. This new accessory improves the features of the AR.Drone 2.0 and records more than 350 flight settings. It is...
Parrot Flight Recorder
Using the Parrot Flight Recorder, the AR.Drone 2.0 is the first toy with on-board GPS. This new accessory improves the features of the AR.Drone 2.0 and records more than 350 flight settings. It is the black box of your AR.Drone 2.0
- Geolocation using the GPS module
- Select your destination on the map
- Record flights and videos using 4GB Flash memories
- Review your flights modeled in 3D on the AR.Drone Academy Map
- Make the AR.Drone 2.0 automatically return to its take-off point
- Improves stability in flight
Control Mode: “Click & Go”
- Select the destination on the map
- Set the altitude and cruise speed
- Click “GO”
- The AR.Drone starts its flight (operates within the limit of the Wi-Fi connection with the control device)
- This new function makes the AR.Drone return automatically to its take-off point
- The GPS coordinates are recorded at each moment which enables the AR.Drone 2.0 to position itself accurately in space (+/- 2m)
- The signal captured from the satellites can vary the location
Better Flight Behavior
Using Flight Recorder GPS sensors, the AR.Drone 2.0 is more stable when flying in altitude
Arrival at the destinationview larger
Connect the Flight Recorder to the USB port of the AR.Drone 2.0. Ensure the Flight Recorder is positioned exactly above the battery to obtain best results. The official video shows you how to do this.
AR.Drone Academy Replay
View your flights from another angle using the AR.Drone Academy replay function. Improve your trajectories using the 3D modeling of each of your flights.
Retrace your flights in 3Dview larger
Create your Flight Plans in Advance
The Flight Recorder is compatible with the MAVLink Open Source communications protocol, which means it can be used with the QGround Control software package.
QGround Control is a free software package available in Open Source under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It allows you to create your own flight plans with multiple intermediate points in 3 dimensions. Dthe AR.Drone will follow this aerial route automatically.
In addition, a team at the Delft University of Technology integrated the open source high end autopilot software, paparazzi, in the AR.Drone hardware. There is no need to change the AR.Drone hardware but only to plug in the Parrot Flight Recorder. Next step is to have a laptop with paparazzi on it, to connect the laptop wifi to the AR.Drone, to launch paparazzi and to click on "compile" so that the software will be put on the AR.Drone.
- Dimensions: 77.7 x 38.3 x 12.5mm
- Weight: 31g
- Accuracy: +/- 2 meters
- Frequency: 5Hx
- Voltage: 3.3V TBC
- Time To First Fix: 25s maximum
- 4GB Flash memory (allows 2 hours of video to be recorded)
- USB Port: Comprises one type A female USB port to connect a USB key drive
- WARNING: This GPS receiver can only be used with the AR.Drone 2.0. Do not connect other GPS devices. The pilot must always maintain direct visual contact with their AR.Drone 2.0.
HD Battery Specifications
- Lithium battery energy content, in watt hours = 16.5 Wh
- Total battery Weight = 120g including plastic casing and protection circuit
- Lithium battery voltage = 11.1V
- Number of Lithium ION cells: 3
- Battery life in hours: 18 minutes (0,3 hour)
- Improvement in stabilization
- A new control mode: control by map
- View your flights in 3D on the AR. Drone Academy map
Parrot External Battery Charger with USB Cable and 550mAh Lithium Polymer Battery for Parrot MiniDrones Rolling Spider and Jumping Sumo