Onkyo TX-NR787 9.2-Channel Network AV Receiver
With nine channels of high-current amplification, the TX-NR787 fully unlocks DTS:X and Dolby Atmos movie soundtracks with a 5.2.4-channel speaker layout at THX-certified Select theater-reference volume. Alternatively, you can also use the extra channels to drive speakers in Zone 2 and Zone 3. Dual-band Wi-Fi links the receiver to your desired multiroom platform via DTS Play-Fi technology, FlareConnect, or Chromecast built-in that also works with the Google Assistant. AirPlay, and Bluetooth wireless technologies are built in, and onboard streaming services include Amazon Music, TIDAL, Spotify, and TuneIn. Future-ready, the receiver has HDMI supporting 4K/60p, BT.2020, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG video passthrough.
- THX-certified Select Reference Sound
- 100W/Ch (8 ohms), 220W/ch (6 ohms)
- 5.2.4 or 7.2.2-ch Dolby Atmos & DTS:X
- HDMI 7 In (1 front) / Main out and sub out
- 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2
- Powered zone 2/3 speaker outputs and zone 2 line output
- Chromecast built-in and works with the Google Assistant
- 384kHz/32-bit DAC and VLSC filtering for superior clarity
- Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora, and TuneIn
THX-Certified Select Reference Sound
THX Certified Select guarantees high-volume theater sound in your home. To gain certification, amplifiers must pass the industry's most severe bench-tests, covering every aspect of audio performance. THX Certified Select components are best in rooms where screen-to-seat distance is about 10 ft. (3 m), and the room volume about 2,000 cubic feet (57 m3).
Unleash a Complete Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Experience
Enjoy full object-based audio coverage with 5.2.4-ch or 7.2.2-ch speaker layouts. For movies featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks, individual sounds are mixed to play through any speaker, and are not tied to specific channels. Effects move around with captivating realism, transporting you into the film.
Dolby and DTS Solutions for 3D Upmixing
DTS Neural:X technology and Dolby Surround find cues in legacy soundtracks and upmix for speaker systems including height channels. Cross-compatibility with Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio technology, and Dolby Digital creates 3D sound for movies on DVD, Blu-ray Disc, or video streaming service.
Connections for Custom Installation
The TX-NR787 features a 12V trigger output for an external component and an IR input for remote-control range extension. It supports IP control and RS232, enabling configuration via PC and integration into a home automation system. An optional rack-mount kit is available to complete your custom install.
Chromecast Built-In Works with the Google Assistant
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the receiver with ease. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps from your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, Mac or Windows laptop, or Chromebook. If you have a device with the Google Assistant built-in, you can control music on the TX-NR787 by voice.
Ready for DTS Play-Fi Multiroom Audio
DTS Play-Fi allows you to enjoy quality music from online services, media server, and mobile device to any number of compatible products using Onkyo Music Control App. DTS Play-Fi technology can synchronize music in every room, and family members can use their own device to listen in a room or group of rooms.
Supports 4K HDR, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
Rear HDMI inputs, Main Out, and Sub Out pass 4K HDR video in HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision formats through to compatible displays. They support BT.2020 4K video standard, 4K/60 Hz playback, and HDCP 2.2.
AccuEQ Evolves into AccuEQ Advance
AccuEQ Advance enhances speaker calibration precision. It employs three-point measurement to remove standing waves from your listening space. Standing waves occur when sound from the speakers resonates with sound reflected from the walls, compromising audio quality and bass response. The technology also detects and compensates for background noise, such as the hum from an HVAC, to ensure accurate equalization.
AccuReflex technology aligns the phase of up-firing "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
Three-Zone Sound... Just Add Speakers
With a 5.2-ch theater layout in Zone 1 (Main), use the other four channels to drive speakers in Zone 2 and Zone 3. As well as analog distribution, dedicated DACs enable digital sources to be synced across rooms simultaneously, or a unique source to be played in every zone at once. Zone 2 line-level output is great for sharing to a Hi-Fi system.
Manage Music with Onkyo Controller app
Onkyo Controller app collects streaming services and network-attached audio into one interface. Select sources, control playback, and distribute audio.
Wi-Fi, AirPlay, and Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity
Built-in 5GHz/2.4GHz Wi-Fi provides network stability for streaming, Onkyo Controller app, and multi-room audio, while Bluetooth wireless technology is on board for easy mobile or laptop connection.
Music lovers have easy access and control of their entire iTunes music library through their receiver. Find and stream music from iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC over the Apple AirPlay wireless audio platform.
More Streaming Services and Internet Radio
Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora, and TuneIn are all baked in, making entertainment selection easy using Onkyo Controller.
FlareConnect Wireless Multiroom Audio
FlareConnect shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multiroom playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller app.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean, and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
Smooth Analog Signal
Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the audio signal to its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
High-current power is proven by the ability to drive four-ohm speakers, which will test the toughest multichannel amplifier. High current equals better control, dynamics, fluency, and expressiveness. Non-phase-shift amp circuitry presents a clear and cohesive audio image, while VLSC removes high-frequency noise from digital audio sources for natural reproduction.
- Power output: All channels 100W/ch (8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC) 220W/ch (6 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD, 1 channel driven)
- Dynamic power:
- 250W (3 ohms, front)
- 220W (4 ohms, front)
- 130W (8 ohms, front)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz, Half Power)
- Input sensitivity and impedance
- 200mV/47 k-ohms (Line)
- 3.5mV/47 k-ohms (Phono)
- Rated RCA output level and impedance
- 1V/470 ohms (Subwoofer pre out)
- 200mV/2.3k-ohms (Zone line out)
- Phono overload: 70mV (MM, 1kHz, 0.5%)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Tone Control
- ±10 dB, 20Hz (Bass)
- ±10 dB, 20kHz (Treble)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio:
- 106dB (Line, IHF-A)
- 80 dB (Phono, IHF-A)
- Speaker impedance: 4 ohms–16 ohms
- Input sensitivity/output level and impedance: Video
- 1.0 Vp–p/75 hms (Component Y)
- 0.7 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
- 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ohms (Composite)
- Tuning frequency range
- FM 87.5MHz – 107.9MHz
- AM 530 kHz–1,710 kHz
- FM/AM preset memory: 40 Stations
- Power supply AC 120V~, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 750W
- No-sound power consumption: 70W
- Standby power consumption: 0.15W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 13/16" x 14 15/16"
- Weight: 23.8 lbs.
- Dynamic audio amplifier for clear and realistic sound
- HCPS (High Current Power Supply)
- Non-phase shift amplifier
- THX-Certified Select for theater-reference volume
- Continuous 6 ohms rated
- Certified 4 ohms performance
- Discrete output stage circuitry
- Bi-amp capability for front
- Dolby Atmos
- 32-bit digital signal processing
- Dolby decoder: Dolby Atmos, TrueHD, Dolby Surround
- DTS decoder: DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, Neural:X
- Onkyo game surround modes
- VLSC for noiseless audio procesing
- THX processing mode
- AccuEQ room calibration
- Phase-matching bass boost
- Direct mode
- Advanced music optimizer
- 384K/32-bit DACs
- Analog audio IN: 6
- Phono input
- Digital audio IN (opt/coax): 2/1
- Composite video In: 2
- Component video In: 2
- Front panel HDMI
- Front-panel A/V: 1 (analog)
- USB input: Rear
- HDMI In/Out: 7/2 (main/sub)
- HDMI 4K/60Hz-capable HDMI terminals
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility
- HDMI support for high dynamic range
- HDMI support for 3D, audio return channel, and CEC
- Dolby vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020 support
- HDMI support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync
- HDMI support for DVD-audio, SACD, multichannel PCM
- Analog to HDMI upconversion
- 4K passthrough
- Analog pre-outs: Subwoofer x2
- Powered zone 2
- Powered zone 3
- Zone 2 line out
- Zone 2 digital to analog audio conversion (Net/SPDIF)
- Zone 3 digital to analog audio conversion: (Net)
- FireConnect multiroom audio
- Chromecast built-in support
- Support Onkyo remote app
- Internet Radio capable (TuneIn)
- Spotify Connect Support
- Amazon Music
- Streaming audio from PC/network
- Hi-res streaming audio formats
- Streaming audio from USB memory
- Wireless network: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n 5Ghz/2.4Ghz
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- IR input
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI)
- 12V trigger
- Hybrid standby function
- Smart grid-ready
- OSD out
- Detachable AC cord