Naim Uniti Star All-in-One Network Streamer, DAC & Integrated Amplifier
Naim Uniti Star
Integrated Amplifier and CD player/ripper with HDMI, Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in, and Bluetooth
The Naim Uniti Star utilizes a powerful 70 watt x 2 channel class AB amplifier with technology taken from Naim's iconic integrated amplifiers. From the substantial transformer, which ensures that the power supply is always smooth and stable, to the sophisticated, hand-wired analogue and digital circuitry, every element of the design in Uniti Star has been considered for its effect on sound quality. The Uniti Star features a incredibly powerful and extremely accurate fourth generation 40-bit SHARC DSP that performs a staggering 2.7 billion calculations per second, giving it enough power to resolve the most complex music signals with ease.
- Isolated Analog & Digital Circuitry: Extreme care has been taken to protect sensitive components in the audio signal path from digital circuitry-isolated circuit boards for both analog and digital signals, optical isolators to transfer information between the two sides of the products, and careful testing and analysis by Naim audio experts to catch any stray interference.
- Precision Volume Control: A premium rotary volume control adjusts the volume level in the analog domain to a digital resolution. It features ultra-smooth rotation and backlit illumination. The lit volume segments are reflected in the same fashion on Uniti Star's intuitive remote control and will adjust accordingly on the top surface ring if the volume is changed remotely.
- 70 watts per channel into 8 ohms
- Plays CDs and CD-Rs
- CD ripping function lets you create digital file copies of your discs
- Rip music to optional SD cards or USB hard drives
- Plays digital music from computers, music servers, and online services through your connected speakers
- Remote control included
- Detachable power cord
- Built-in Wi-Fi for streaming music from networked hard drives and online services
- Stream from compatible services like Spotify® Connect, TIDAL and vTuner internet radio (subscriptions may be required)
- Gapless playback of high-resolution FLAC, WAV, ALAC, MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA and DSD sound files
- 32-bit/384kHz maximum resolution for PCM-based files; DSD up to 5.6 MHz
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPod® or iPad®
- Bluetooth with aptX HD for playing audio from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Naim app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- HDMI ARC input for connecting to a compatible TV
- 2 optical digital (Toslink) inputs (up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution for connected sources)
- 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- Digital BNC input for high-resolution digital audio signals
- Stereo RCA input
- 5-pin analog audio DIN connector
- 2 USB Type A inputs for playing audio from a USB memory device (one on front panel, one on back panel)
- Back-panel USB port accepts optional USB hard drive for CD ripping
- Slot for SD memory card (not included) used for playing audio files or CD ripping
- Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
- Stereo RCA preamp/subwoofer output
- 3.5mm front-panel headphone output
- Dimensions: 17-1/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 10-7/16"D
- Weight: 26.45 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NAIMUNISTAR
Burr Brown DAC: A premium Burr Brown DAC, as well as the finest-quality SMD circuitry is used to deliver exceptional audiophile level sound quality. premium Burr Brown DAC to deliver exceptional audiophile level sound quality. In addition, unique Naim software minimizes jitter (timing errors inherent in digital music streaming) and up-samples incoming data to ensure optimum sound quality.
CD Playback & Ripping: The Naim Uniti Star's built-in CD player supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (12cm only). The unit only supports playback of CD-Audio files on a CD-Audio, CD-R, or CD-RW disc. You can also create bit-perfect copies of your CDs and save the digital music data as WAV or FLAC files to a HDD (connected to the Uniti Star's rear-panel USB port) or SD memory card (inserted in the Uniti Star's rear-panel SD card slot). A typical CD-Audio disc can take 5 minutes or longer to rip.
USB & SD Card Playback: The Uniti Star features a front-panel and rear-panel USB-A port that can be used to connect a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or USB hard disc drive. It also features a rear-panel SD card slot for compatibility with SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. The Uniti Star supports playback of a variety of compressed, lossless, and high-res music files stored on a USB msc device or SD memory card. The system can handle NTFS, HFS, and FAT32 formatted USB drives and SD memory cards. It can recognize up to 20,000 music files. Supported music file formats include -
- DSD: 64, 128
- WAV: up to 32-bit/384kHz
- FLAC, AIFF: up to 24-bit/384kHz
- ALAC (Apple Lossless): up to 24-bit/96kHz
- MP3, AAC: up to 48kHz/320kbps (16-bit)
- OGG, WMA: up to 48kHz (16-bit)
HDMI ARC: The Uniti Star is equipped with a rear-panel HDMIA ARC port for connecting your TV, so you can enjoy your TV show and movie soundtracks through this high-performance, audiophile-grade integrated amplifier. The HDMI ARC supports up to 24-bit/192kHz (2ch only) - Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats not supported. The HDMI ARC does not support video.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Uniti Star is outfitted with an analog stereo RCA input and an analog 5-pin DIN input for connection of almost any audio device with a analog output. The Uniti Star also features two optical (toslink) digital inputs, two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs, and a BNC digital input for connection to a Blu-ray player, CD player, or TV. The optical digital inputs will support up to 24-bit/96kHz (2ch only), while the coaxial digital inputs and BNC digital input support up to 24-bit/192kHz (2ch only) - Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel audio formats not supported.
Analog Outputs: The Naim Uniti Star is outfitted with a pair of speaker outputs, a set of stereo RCA outputs, and a front-panel headphone output.
- Speaker Outputs: The Uniti Star is equipped with left (+/-) and right (+/-) 4mm speaker terminals and comes with two detachable speaker plugs that allow connection of bare speaker wire only (not compatible with single or dual banana plugs). Connect 8-ohm speakers only.
- Preamp Outputs: The Uniti Star's preamp outputs allow you to connect an external power amplifier for even higher sound quality or a powered subwoofer for deeper bass extension.
- Headphone Output: The Uniti Star features a front panel 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening. The speaker and preamp outputs are deactivated when a set of headphones are connected.
Multiroom Ready: Combine the Uniti Star with other Uniti wireless music systems or Mu-So wireless speakers for the ultimate multiroom experience. Play music between any combination of compatible Uniti, Mu-So and Naim devices in up to six rooms of your home. Choose the same song in perfect sync or play different music in different rooms, all via the Naim app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh