MartinLogan Motion 15 Bookshelf Speaker
Motion 15 extends the award-winning Motion® Series sound to a more traditional bookshelf package, with luxurious high-gloss wood finishes and matching aesthetics to the rest of the Motion floorstanding lineup. The High-Performance Motion 15 bookshelf features an advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter, a low-distortion 5.25-inch high-excursion black-aluminum woofer, and low-turbulence rear-firing bass port for extended bass performance, all in a traditional bookshelf package.
- 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion™ tweeter for exceptional musical detail with low distortion
- 5-1/4" aluminum-cone woofer with cast basket
- Bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- Perforated steel grille attaches magnetically to cabinet
- 6-13/16"W x 11-7/16"H x 9-1/2"D
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
MartinLogan’s signature perforated steel grille attaches magnetically to the solidly constructed 3/4-inch thick MDF cabinets on the Motion 15. Hidden discretely underneath the grille, the drivers are held securely in place by a solid, black-anodized brushed aluminum baffle. Folded Motion tweeters and woofers are seamlessly blended with an advanced topology crossover network featuring polypropylene and low-DF electrolytic capacitors, custom wound inductors, and thermal and current protection. The Motion 15 also features recessed custom 5-way binding posts for connection versatility.
- Minimalistic Design Featuring Luxurious Real-Wood Inspired by MartinLogan's ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion® Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo. MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly blends our exquisite Folded Motion™ transducers with powerful, compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
- Motion 15 speakers combine high-excursion, black aluminum cone woofers and low-turbulence, rear-firing, bass ports, providing an extended, powerful bass performance. Motion 15 speakers feature a single 5.25-inch driver. In each, MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter creates clear, highly dynamic, and precise sound. Premium, five-way binding posts assure a solid connection.
- High-Gloss Finishes The Motion 15 is available in three luxurious high-gloss finishes; Piano Black, White or Black Cherrywood. The high-gloss black cherrywood finish has deep cherry undertones and appears almost black in low light, giving them a unique and understated elegance that blends into any environment.
- Frequency Response 60–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dispersion 80° x 80°
- High Frequency Driver 1” x 1.4” (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25” x 1.75” (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Low Frequency Transducer 5.25” (13.3cm) aluminum cone with cast basket.Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Sensitivity 92 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance 5 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power 20–200 watts
- Crossover Frequency 2,700 Hz
- Cabinet Ported
- Components Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs Custom 5-way binding posts
- Height: 11.4"
- Width: 6.8"
- Depth: 9.5"
- Unit: 10 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Limited Warranty
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.