Martin Logan Motion 40i Floorstanding Speaker - (Each) Gloss Black
MartinLogan Motion 40i Floorstanding Speaker - (Each) Gloss Black
The secret to Martin LoganMotion 40i's outstanding performance lies in its Folded Motion® tweeter, 5.5-inch aluminum cone midrange driver, dual 6.5-inch aluminum cone woofers with a rear-firing bass port, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network. The next-generation Motion 40i delivers a similar wide-open soundstage, sublime high-end detail, smooth midrange accuracy, and deep bass extension from a new design that improves on the original. This double woofer design produces vibrant, accurate deep bass performance. Motion 40i delivers the classic broad soundstage of the Motion Series from a newly designed enclosure enhanced by the slightest of modifications, including the drive-stabilizing dust cap design, stiffened motor suspension, and low-mounted woofers to reduce an acoustically harmful phenomenon known as floor bounce. The speaker's enclosure sports a reinforced baffle and a fabric grille. Available in three stylish finishes: Gloss Black, Matte White, and Red Walnut.
- 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion® tweeter for exceptional detail with low distortion
- One 5-1/2" aluminum cone midrange driver
- Two 6-1/2" aluminum cone low-frequency woofers
- Bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with rear-firing port
- Proprietary high-performance Vojtko™ crossover network
- Frequency response: 40-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Sensitivity: 92 dB
- Impedance: 4 ohms (4, 6, or 8 ohm compatible)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-300 watts
- Fabric-wrapped magnetic grille
- Includes removable floor spikes for extra stability on carpeted floors
- Dual five-way binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- Dimensions and warranty: 7-5/8"W x 42-1/2"H x 12-13/16"D
- Weight: 49 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet (w/ nuts attached)
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Information
A solid mid- and low-frequency foundation
MartinLogan uses aluminum cones for their unique blend of lightness and rigidity. A 5-1/2" woofer keeps those crucial midrange frequencies clear and neutral, so vocals sound almost as if the singer were in the room. Two 6-1/2" woofers ensure the Motion 40i goes plenty low. The rear-firing bass port helps efficiently enhance bass response without adding distortion to this speaker's clean performance.
Detail and precision from the Folded Motion® tweeter
Perched above the Motion 40i's midrange woofer is the source of this speaker's impressive high-frequency performance — MartinLogan's acclaimed Folded Motion tweeter. Its pleated diaphragm works similarly to an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. Because it requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, response time and distortion are drastically reduced. The diaphragm's increased surface area also provides wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and highly accurate soundstage.
Unique crossover network
Motion Series speakers feature proprietary Vojtko™ crossovers, named after MartinLogan's chief audio technologist, Joe Vojtko. "A Vojtko crossover isn't so much a set of design requirements as it is a philosophy," the company explains. Each speaker's drivers are carefully selected or designed to operate within an intentional frequency range and specific performance parameters. That allows the crossover networks — built from high-quality capacitors and resistors — to be clean and uncomplicated.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh