Marantz CD6006 Single Disc CD Player
Marantz CD6006 CD Player
Single-disc CD player with USB port for iPod®/iPhone
The CD6006 is a fine-tuned version with even more specially selected components and new layout circuit compared to its CD6005 predecessor. Marantz also added more rigid feet to further eliminate vibration. The oversized power supply feeds the digital and analog circuitry of the player, where the high-quality CS4398 DAC converts digital signals to analog, this is then 'pushed' to the gold-plated synch outputs by Marantz's own small signal amplifier, the HDAM-SA2. In addition, Marantz have included a new remote that also controls the PM6006 amp.
The CD6006 is a match made in heaven for the music lover who wants nothing but the best performance at an attractive price, and it is also perfect for lovers of portable music, thanks to its iPod-digital connectivity. The CD6006 also features a newly developed, complex headphone amplifier with Headphone amp gain setting for a wider range of headphones.
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs plus MP3, WMA, and AAC CDs
- Front-panel USB input (type A) for USB flash drive, iPod®, iPad®, or iPhone®
- USB input supports WAV, MP3, AAC, and WMA file playback
- Optical and coaxial digital outputs
- Gold Plated L/R/Coax Outputs
- Built-in headphone amplifier with full-size headphone jack and volume control
- Plays most popular digital media files
- Further sound tuned with carefully selected components
- Unique Marantz audio experience
- High quality 192kHz/24bit D/A conversion (CS4398) and accurate system clock
- Best sound quality from CD and digital media files
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA2 circuits
- Wider dynamic range with lower distortion for the output stage
- Full discrete headphone amplifier with HDAM-SA2 and gain control
- High-quality sound even from demanding headphones
- Centralized disc mechanism resists vibration for improved sound quality
- Double layered bottom plate and rigid feet
- Eliminating interferences for purity of sound
- Best connection to amplifier
- System remote to control CD-Player, Amplifier and Network Player
- Perfectly matching PM6006 Amplifier and NA6005 Network Audio Player
- High quality 192kHz/24bit D/A conversion (CS4398) and accurate system clock
- Customized audio components
- New foot for further improved sound quality
- Digital-output and Display can be deactivated (for higher sound quality playback)
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002%
- 17-5/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 13-1/2"D
- Warranty: 3 years
The Marantz CD6006 Single Disc CD Player can play CD, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (both 12cm and 8cm discs). The CD6006 supports MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC audio files that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs in ISO9660 mode 1/2 or Juliet/Romeo disc format. The Marantz CD player will recognize up to 255 total files and folders on a single disc. The unit will also display CD-Text, MP3-ID3, WMA, and AAC song/artist information.
Front-Panel USB Port
The CD player features a front-panel USB (type-A) port. The front panel port is designed for USB mass storage class devices, such as your Android smartphone/tablet or USB thumbdrive. The front-panel USB port is compatible with FAT16/FAT32 file systems and will play MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV files. The CD6006 can support 700 folders and 65,535 files per folder. The unit will also display MP3/WMA tag data information. The front-panel controls and supplied wireless remote will operate basic playback functions of your connected USB device. The 5V/1A USB port will also charge your device while connected.
You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the front-panel USB port using the Lightning or 30-pin cable supplied with your Apple device (not included with this unit). Sound quality is maximized by using the USB connection along with the CD6006's D/A converter. Playback can be controlled using the front-panel or remote buttons, or the iPod/iPhone itself. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library from the CD6006 by Album, Artist, Genre, Playlist, or Track. The CD6006 will also display song/artist information, as well as charge your iPod/iPhone.
Marantz HDAM + HDAM SA2 Technology
Ordinary CD players employ conventional IC-based op-amps in the D/A and analog output sections, but the CD6006 is equipped with Marantz exclusive HDAM & HDAM SA2 technology, which uses discrete circuit elements and not ICs. HDAM technology provides wide dynamic range and wide frequency response along with lowest distortion for the utmost musical fidelity
High Current Power Supply
For the most stable power to the various circuit blocks, the power supply employs high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes in the AC-DC conversion circuit, and the power supply is fitted with high current storage capacitors for the most stable DC supply to the mechanical and electrical sections.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion
The CD6006 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types. To prevent interference with the critical analog audio output circuitry, the digital audio circuit block is housed in its own shielded subsection.
Precision System Clock
The CD6006 employs a precision system clock to virtually eliminate any jitter for distortion-free music that sounds like the artist intended.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier
The all discrete headphone amplifier section features Marantz's HDAM-SA2 circuit with three gain settings (Low/Mid/High) for a wider range of headphones, plus independent volume control. The gold-plated 1/4" jack is compatible with audiophile and studio headphone types and adapters.
Audio EX Function
For improved analog audio output fidelity, the Audio EX function lets you disable the front-panel fluorescent display, to minimize noise artifacts. You can also disable the digital audio outputs when listening via analog audio for even greater noise reduction.
Gold Plated Analog & Digital Outputs
The analog audio RCA outputs, along with the digital coaxial output connector, are all gold plated to ensure optimum signal transfer with no degradation.
- Analog RCA Outputs: The CD player also features a stereo RCA output for analog connection.
- Optical/Coaxial Digital Outputs: For optimum compatibility with digital audio amplifiers and decoders the CD6006 is equipped with both optical and coaxial digital audio outputs (supports 2ch PCM only).
Rigid Chassis Design
The CD6006 CD player's front-panel is constructed from aluminum and glass-reinforced resin, which resists harmful resonances that can harm sonic quality. The panel is finished in a soft black tone, and features a graceful curvature that complements any home décor. The CD player also employs a double layered bottom plate to prevent unwanted resonance that could lead to distortion.
Two-Line Florescent Display
For optimum visual clarity, the CD6006 features a deluxe two-line fluorescent display that features alphanumeric characters (up to 16) for song/artist information from CD-Text discs and MP3/WMA/AAC music tracks. The display is dimmable.
The supplied IR remote control features an easy to use ergonomic design, and can control the CD6006 as well as control the matching PM6006 integrated stereo amplifier (sold separately). The remote can also be used to control your USB-connected iPod or iPhone. The CD player also includes a Remote Input/Output and Flasher Input.
- Remote Input/Output: Two RCA jacks (1 In/1 Out) are provided for connecting the player and another Marantz A/V component for system remote control purposes. The accompanying switch allows you to select the remote control mode you desire: External (when the player is connected to another component's remote control jacks) or Internal (when the player is used as a standalone component).
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm minijack input is used to control this unit using an optional keypad (sold separately) from another room of your house.
The Marantz CD player offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Random/Repeat. It also has variety of unique playback functions like Direct Search, Program Play, Quick Replay, Time Player, and A-B Repeat.
- Direct Search: You can use the numeric keypad on the remote control to select a specific music track.
- Program Play: You can arrange and play tracks on a disc in a specific sequence. Up to 25 tracks can be programmed. As you are selecting tracks, the display will show the number of tracks in the program, and the total playing time of the programmed tracks. During program play, you can repeat the entire list of programmed tracks, or play them in random order.
- Quick Replay: During Quick Replay, the music track or file rewinds the set amount of time (5-60 seconds), and then resumes playing from the rewind point.
- A-B Repeat: You can specify the section within a track that you want to hear, and play it back repeatedly.
- Timer Play: When this CD player is connected to a commercially available external audio timer (sold separately), the unit's power is switched on and media playback starts at the specified time.
With Auto Standby On, you can automatically set this unit to standby mode after the CD player is in stop-mode (no operation) continuously for approximately 30 minutes.
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh