Marantz AV7705 11.2 Channel Pre-Amplifier
Featuring 11.2 channel XLR and RCA pre-outs, the Marantz AV7705 supports three-dimensional audio formats: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D, DTS Virtual:X. Enjoy audio playback with exceptional quality thanks to Marantz-proprietary HDAM modules and stream from Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, and more with HEOS built-in.
- - 11.2 channel XLR pre-out; 11.2 channel RCA pre-out
- - 8 HDMI inputs (including 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
- - 4K/60Hz full-rate passthrough, Dolby Vision compatibility, HDR, HLG, and BT.2020
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- - Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ for more enveloping home theater sound
- - supports 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2 , and 7.1.4 Atmos setups
- - DTS Virtual:X simulates height effects without height speakers
- - Auro-3D® built-in for three-dimensional soundfields
- - Imax Enhanced certification for improved picture and sound performance with Imax Enhanced content
- - Video upscaling (up to 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- - Advanced video processing with analog to HDMI conversion; SD to HD/4K upscaling
- - eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- - Stream music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer, and more with Bluetooth, AirPlay2, or HEOS built-in
- - Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- - Enjoy multi-room whole-home audio streaming with HEOS technology
- - Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS home entertainment skill
- - Marantz 2016 AVR remote app for control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV receivers; available on iOS and Android
- - Advance support for custom integration with Web interface and remote system monitoring with support of IHIJI and Domotz Pro
- - Remote control
- - Detachable power cord
- - 17-5/16"W x 7-5/16"H x 15-3/16"D
- - Weight: 22.9 lbs.
- - Warranty: 3 years
Delegating the amplification duties to a separate component allows the Marantz AV7705 surround preamplifier to keep a healthy distance between noise-inducing high voltage/high current circuits and sensitive low-level circuits. This means that the radio frequency and electromagnetic interferences that are found in most AV receivers simply don't exist in a preamplifier/processor, or are reduced by several orders of magnitude. The result is less distortion and less signal degradation in general.
Balanced & Unbalanced Preamp Outputs
The Marantz AV7705 surround sound preamplifier features both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) preamp outputs. Both the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs feature gold-plated connections for excellent signal transfer.
- 11.2Ch Balanced XLR Preamp Outputs: If your power amplifier is equipped with balanced XLR inputs, then use the AV7705's balanced XLR preamp outputs. The AV7705's 11.2ch balanced XLR preamp outputs consist of Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Subwoofer 1, and Subwoofer 2 (the dual subwoofer outputs are discrete). Balanced connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality. When connecting the AV7705 to a power amplifier via XLR, please make sure the pin-out configuration of the amplifier is the same as the preamplifier (Pin 1-Ground, Pin 2-Hot, Pin 3-Cold).
- 11.2Ch Unbalanced RCA Preamp Outputs: If your power amplifier is not equipped with balanced XLR inputs and only offer unbalanced RCA inputs, then use the AV7705's unbalanced RCA preamp outputs. The AV7705's 11.2ch unbalanced RCA preamp outputs consist of Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Subwoofer 1, and Subwoofer 2. The dual subwoofer outputs are discrete.
The Marantz AV7705 preamplifier supports up to 11.2 channel or 7.2.4 channel playback and can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate your system's setup.
- 11.2ch: This configuration can be used for a Dolby Atmos home theater system with a 7.2.4 speaker setup; using either overhead, height or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 9.2ch: This configuration can be used for a Dolby Atmos home theater system with a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 speaker setup; using either overhead, height or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 9.2ch (Bi-Amp): This configuration can be used for a 5.2.4 or 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos system, while Bi-amping the front speakers.
- 9.2ch (Front B): This configuration can be used for a 5.2.4 or 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos system, while powering a secondary pair of front speakers.
- 7.2ch: This configuration serves as either a 7.2-channel surround system setup with Surround Back speakers; or a Dolby Atmos 5.2.2ch. setup with overhead, height , or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- 5.2ch: This configuration serves as a basic 5.2-channel surround system with Front, Center, and Surround speakers, plus dual subs.
Current Feedback Topology
The Marantz AV7705 uses a high-speed current feedback amplifier circuit for its preamplifier so that audio signals from a Blu-ray Disc player and other equipment that support high-definition audio formats can be listened to with high fidelity. Current Feedback technology offers faster signal handling and extended frequency range. Current feedback circuits track rapid sonic changes more accurately and thus sound more natural. Current feedback topology insures astounding accuracy and control even under high-drive conditions.
HDAMs (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules)
The AV7705 utilizes Marantz's proprietary HDAM (Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits for dynamic music and soundtrack reproduction. HDAMs combine the short signal path advantages of ICs (integrated circuit) and op-amps (operational amplifier) with the superior sound quality of separate circuit components. Because HDAMs are discrete designs, Marantz engineers are free to choose the parts best able to preserve the sonic details of your favorite sources.
The carefully-optimized audio/video signal paths rest on separate circuit boards for maximum performance as well as isolation from interferences generated by high-speed video processing. In addition, Marantz surround preamplifier employs a high current linear power supply with an EI core power transformer for high-quality sound playback.
Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels
For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV7705 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience. In addition, the preamplifier utilizes a Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors for a more accurate reproduction of the recording the way the artist intended.
- DTS HD Master/DTS:X/DTS Neural:X
- DTS Virtual:X
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround
- Auro 3D/Auromatic
- Multichannel stereo
- Maximum number of processing channels: 11.2
- Audyssey: MultiEQ XT32 with LFC/Sub EQ HT
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ/Dynamic Volume
- Compressed audio enhancer: MDAX2
- HEOS multi-room and streaming/Network audio sharing
- Lossy formats: Mp3/WMA/AAC
- Lossless formats: FLAC/ALAC/WAV
- FLAC HD 192/24/WAV 192/24/ALAC 192/24
- DSD audio streaming: Up to DSD5.6
- Gapless playback (FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- AirPlay 2
- Internet Radio
- Spotify Connect, Deezer, TIDAL, Napster, and more
- Compatible with iOS and Android remote app
- 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution: HDCP 2.2
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- Analog to HDMI scaling: 480i/576i up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI scaling: Up to 4K 60/50
- GUI overlay on HDMI
- HDR/HLG/Dolby Vision
- 3D signal passthrough
- HDMI passthrough in standby mode
- HEOS multi-room integrated
- HEOS link compatibility: IR/IP
- Multi-room zones: 3
- Zone audio source: HDMI/Opt, Coax/Network, USB, Analog
- IP control/RS232 control/Web control/App control
- Domotz Pro: IHIJI
- Composite In/Out: 3+1/2
- Component In/Out: 3/1
- HDMI In/Out: 7+1/3 (2 main + 1 zone)
- Analogue In: 5+1
- Phono MM In
- Digital In - Optical/Coaxial: 2/2
- Multi-room out - Analog: 2
- Multichannel pre-out: 11.2 RCA & 11.2 XLR
- Subwoofer out: 2 (independent)
- 7.1 multichannel input
- Power consumption: 60W
- Standby consumption: 0.2W
- CEC standby consumption: 0.5W
- Network control on consumption: 3.5W
- Dimensions: 17.3" x 15.8" x 7.3"
- Weight: 22.9 lbs.