Klipsch RP140SA Dolby Atmos Height Speakers
The Reference Premiere RP-140SA Dolby Atmos enabled elevation speaker is a fantastic complement to our Reference Premiere family. Set this height channel on top of your existing floorstanding speaker to complete a hemisphere of rich, detailed sound. Your music and movies will never sound the same.
- Dolby Atmos add-on speakers
- designed to sit on top of floor-standing front or back speakers
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling, for a heightened soundstage and overhead effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver's height channels
- can also be used as wall-mounted standard surround speakers
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horns with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeters
- 4" Cerametallic™ cone woofers with rigid titanium voice coil former
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- durable brushed polymer veneer finish
- anti-vibration rubber feet and built-in keyhole slot wall-mounting brackets (mounting screws not included)
- binding post speaker terminals
- 6-1/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 11-13/16"D
- weight: 7.6 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- 2 Dolby-atmos enabled speakers (Ebony)
- 2 Detachable metal grilles
- 2 Extra rubber feet
- User Manual
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
Dolby Atmos Elevation Speaker:
The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA is a Dolby Atmos enabled home theater speaker which adds the Dolby Atmos elevation effect to any existing home theater speaker system to create an atmosphere of rich, detailed sound, or can be used as a surround speaker.
Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth.
Klipsch Design Philosophy:
The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140S delivers on Klipsch's speaker design philosophy; low distortion, high efficiency, flat frequency response, broad dynamic range, and controlled directivity.
Tractrix Horn Technology:
Klipsch Tractrix Horn technology allows the RP-140SA speaker to meet the directivity and sensitivity specifications that Dolby requires for Dolby Atmos enabled speakers. This is what has allowed Klipsch to produce its unique two-way speaker and horn-loaded design, in a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker.
The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA features proprietary Hybrid Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce the most effective release of sound waves for clean, natural listening experiences. The horn's outer layer is silicone-based rubber, which eliminates resonance of the horn housing, improving detail and resolution. The LTS tweeter ensures minimized distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn: A redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible. These 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns provide a wider sweet spot while maintaining controlled directivity of the sound.
- LTS Tweeter: Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a linear travel suspension for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
The 3.5" woofer of the RP-140SA loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range. The woofer also employs a rubber surround for added durability. A design that when paired with the Tractrix Horn-loaded LTS tweeter combines for incredible high efficiency.
The Klipsch RP-140SA speaker's crossover network is constructed using extremely high-quality components including top-of-the-line internal wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and an air-core inductor to ensure signal purity and proper driver integration. The speaker's enhanced crossover frequencies offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
Sealed MDF Enclosure:
The Klipsch RP-140SA employs an acoustic suspension enclosure for tight accurate bass. The sealed enclosure features a MDF cabinet finished with a premium wood-grain polymer veneer and a polymer front baffle. The speaker's rigid cabinet offers improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
The Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features a removable magnetic low-diffraction grille which easily snaps into place over its polymer front baffle.
The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-140SA is equipped with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-140SA offers flexibility when mounting the Dolby Atmos enabled speaker.
- Rubber Feet: The Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features four integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speakers on top of your existing front tower loudspeaker securely. The top of your loudspeaker needs to be flat and measure at least 6.0625" (w) x 11.4375" (d).
- Wall Mounting: The Klipsch RP-140SA speaker features a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Sound From Above And All Around
To put it simply, Dolby Atmos is one of the greatest advancement in home and cinema audio since surround sound. Sound editors now have the ability to pinpoint a single sound and move it around, above and through the listener. Klipsch's acclaimed controlled directivity is the ideal choice for delivering this new, immersive listening experience.
The Reference Premiere RP-140SA Dolby Atmos enabled elevation speaker effortlessly adds the Dolby Atmos experience to your current floorstanding or bookshelf speaker. In addition to delivering the Klipsch Dolby Atmos sound, the RP-140SA Elevation Speaker's versatility allows it to become a surround sound speaker angled perfectly on your wall.
- Adds Dolby Atmos experience to any floorstanding/bookshelf speaker
- Can be used as surround speaker
- 1" Linear Travel Suspension Titanium Tweeter
- 4" Spun Copper Cerametallic Cone Woofers
- 90x90 Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- All New Tractrix Port
- MDF Cabinet with Brushed Polymer Veneer Baffle Finish
- Strong, Flexible Removable Grille
Take Your Movies And Music To New Heights
Our proprietary speaker technologies are ideal for delivering the most immersive, impactful 360° Dolby Atmos listening experience. Controlled directivity and high-performance have been an integral part of Klipsch acoustic design principals for the better part of a century.
90x90 Hybrid Tractrix Horn
Redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to minimize distortion and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
Spun Copper Cerametallic Woofers
Cerametallic woofers represent the pinnacle of Klipsch driver design, maintaining exceptional rigidity, and lightweight construction, for minimal cone breakup and distortion. When paired with the Tractrix Horn-loaded LTS tweeter, it provides speaker efficiency highest in its class.
Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Titanium Tweeter
A Linear Travel Suspension maximizes dynamics for enhanced, detailed performance. LTS Tweeters have been a hallmark of previous Reference lines, as well as our flagship Klipsch Palladium series, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world.
Take Movies And Music To New Heights
Sounds As Good As It Looks
We wanted the new Klipsch Reference Premiere Dolby Atmos enabled speakers to not only blow your hair back but look amazing too. These awe-inspiring copper-coned beasts are complete with a contemporary finish and include strong, removable magnetic grilles that attach seamlessly with no visible fasteners or notches.
Elevation Speaker Or Surround Speaker
Can be used as an elevation speakers atop your current floorstanding or bookshelf speaker, or as a surround speaker.
MDF Cabinet With Premium Finish
Contemporary aesthetic with absolute durability that results in a seamless integration into any décor.