Klipsch RP-502S Reference Premiere Surround Speakers
Klipsch’s revamped line of Reference Premiere Speakers gives you the range and dynamics you need to bring the cinematic experience home. The RP-502S surround speakers are designed to match the company’s floorstanding, bookshelf, center and subwoofer units perfectly in both style and in sound. The company’s proprietary Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) radiates the full frequency spectrum across 180 degrees for the most immersive effects no matter where you sit in the room. Klipsch innovations such as dual 90-by-90 Tractrix horns and distinctive copper Cerametallic woofers deliver all the dynamics that your movies and music demand. Their efficient design makes them ideal mates for most of today’s top receivers and amps. Hang a pair of Klipsch’s new RP-502S surrounds on the wall, or tuck them onto a shelf, and discover just how stunning today’s surround can sound.
- - Dual 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeters
- - 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horns for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- - New vented tweeter enclosures for low distortion
- - Dual 5.25-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- - High efficiency (95 dB at 1 watt) and high power handling (400 watts peak) for wide dynamic range
- - Sturdy MDF cabinet with furniture-grade, scratch-resistant ebony or walnut finish
- - Copper cones and anodized trim rings, laser-cut logo and satin baffles for stylish coordination with any décor, with or without removable grilles
- - Dimensions: 13.85” (H) x 11.88” (W) x 7.49” (D)
- - Weight: 16 lbs.
- - Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, the unique Tractrix horn is flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, adding natural amplification to the high frequencies. The horns not only makes the RP-502S more efficient, but also disperse the highs for maximum surround effects. The Tractrix horns are molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with phase plugs to reduce resonances.
An upgraded tweeter
At the center of those Tractrix horns is Klipsch’s latest-design tweeter design. The 1-inch drivers, with titanium diaphragms for lightness and rigidity, boast high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes piston motion, and all-new vented housings reduce the reflected (or standing) waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cones
Even before you power it up, you can always spot a Klipsch thanks to the emblematic copper-colored cones. The dual 5.25-inch woofers in the RP-502S are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic composite, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction and high efficiency.
A truly dynamic range
Klipsch’s horn-loaded design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers with custom coils and magnets, allows speakers such as the RP-502S to reproduce all the dynamics demanded by today’s soundtracks. Efficiency, paired with power-handling capability, means Klipsch speakers pair perfectly with most of today’s home-theater receivers and amps.
Designed to be displayed
The cabinetry is made of solid MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances, with your choice of scratch-resistant ebony or walnut finish. Combined with the unique copper cones and anodized rings, laser-etched logo and flared horn, the RP-502S looks right at home proudly handing on the wall or sitting on a shelf, with or without the attractive and flexible magnetic grilles attached.
- - Frequency response: 58-25kHz +/-3dB
- - Sensitivity: 95dB @ 2.83V/1m
- - Power handling (cont/peak): 100W/400W
- - Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- - Crossover frequency: 1400Hz
- - High-frequency driver: 1” Titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- - Low frequency driver: Dual 5.25” Cerametallic cone woofers
- - Enclosure material: MDF
- - Enclosure type: Sealed
- - Inputs: Single binding posts
- - Dimensions (H x W x D): 13.85" x 11.88" x 7.49"
- - Weight: 16 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.