Klipsch RP-402S Reference Premiere Surround Speakers
Klipsch’s entire new line of Reference Premiere Speakers gives you the range and dynamics you need to bring the cinematic experience home. The RP-402S surround speakers are designed to match the company’s floorstanding, bookshelf, center and subwoofer units perfectly in style and in sound. The company’s proprietary Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) radiates the entire frequency spectrum across a full 180 degrees, for the most immersive effects no matter where you sit in the room. Klipsch innovations such as dual 90-by-90 Tractrix horns and distinctive copper Cerametallic woofers deliver all the dynamics that movies and music demand. Their efficient design makes them ideal mates for most modern receivers and amps. Hang a pair of Klipsch’s new RP-402S surrounds on the wall or tuck them onto a shelf, and discover just how stunning today’s surround can sound.
- Dual 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeters
- 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horns for wide dispersion and efficiency
- New vented tweeter enclosures for low distortion
- Dual 4-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofer/midrange drivers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- High efficiency (93 dB at 1 watt) and high power handling (300 watts peak) for wide dynamic range
- Sturdy MDF cabinet in furniture-grade, scratch-resistant ebony or walnut finish
- Copper cones and anodized trim rings, laser-cut logo and satin baffles for stylish coordination with any décor, with or without removable grilles
- Dimensions: 11.85” (H) x 10.26” (W) x 6.51” (D)
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, the unique Tractrix horns, flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, act as acoustic amplification for the high-frequency drivers. The horn not only makes the RP-502S more efficient, but also disperses the highs for maximum surround effects. The Tractrix horns are molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with phase plugs to reduce resonances.
An upgraded tweeter
At the center of those Tractrix horns is Klipsch’s latest-design tweeter design. The 1-inch drivers, with titanium diaphragms for lightness and rigidity, boast high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes piston motion, and all-new vented housings reduce the reflected (or standing) waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cones
Even before you power it up, you can always spot a Klipsch thanks to the emblematic copper-colored cones. The dual 4-inch woofers in the RP-402S are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic composite, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction and high efficiency.
A truly dynamic range
Klipsch’s horn-loaded design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers with custom coils and magnets, allows speakers such as the RP-402S to reproduce the full dynamic range demanded by today’s soundtracks. Efficiency, paired with power-handling capability, means Klipsch speakers pair perfectly with most of today’s home-theater receivers and amps.
Designed to be displayed
The cabinetry is made of solid MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances, with your choice of scratch-resistant ebony or walnut finish. Combined with the unique copper cones and anodized rings, laser-etched logo and flared horn, the RP-402S looks right at home handing proudly on the wall or sitting on the shelf, with or without the attractive and flexible magnetic grilles attached.
- Frequency response: 62-25kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 93dB @ 2.83V/1m
- Power handling (cont/peak): 75W/300W
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover frequency: 1500Hz
- High-frequency driver: 1” Titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- Low frequency driver: Dual 4” Cerametallic cone woofers
- Enclosure material: MDF
- Enclosure type: Sealed
- Inputs: Single binding posts
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11.85" x 10.26" x 6.51"
- Weight: 13 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.