Klipsch RP-4000F Reference Premiere Floorstanding Speaker
The RP-4000F represents Klipsch’s entry-level floorstanding speaker in their revamped Reference Premiere Speakers-as well as the best of what the legendary company has learned about acoustical engineering over the decades. A new-design 1-inch titanium linear-travel tweeter in a vented enclosure fires out through Klipsch’s iconic 90-degree Tractrix horn for better dispersion and rock-solid localization. Dual 4-inch low/mid drivers are made of Klipsch’s trademarked copper Cerametallic material, for bass extension with high efficiency and low distortion. The cabinet is crafted of furniture-grade materials with magnetic grille mounts for an attractive presentation in any home environment. Combined with your choice of surrounds, center-channel speaker and subwoofer from the RP line, the RP-4000F brings true theatrical excitement into any living room at a moderate price.
- 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- Dual 4-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- Rear-firing Tractrix horn for stronger bass
- High efficiency (95dB at 1 watt) with high power-handling capacity (300 watts peak) for wide dynamic range
- Dual binding posts for bi-amplification capability
- Sturdy MDF cabinet with furniture-grade ebony finish
- Cast aluminum feet for reduced room resonances
- Copper cones, anodized trim rings and satin baffles for stylish presentation with or without grille
- Dimensions: 34.12” (H) x 7.42” (W) x 12.03” (D)
- Weight: 29 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, then and now, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn acts as natural amplification for the high-frequency driver (a second Tractrix horn fires out of a rear bass port). The horn not only makes speakers such as the RP-4000F highly efficient, but also directs high frequencies right into the sweet spot of the listening area for precise localization of instruments and effects. The Tractrix horn, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places listeners in the middle of the action or at center stage.
An upgraded tweeter
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes the piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected (or standing) waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cones
Even before you power them up, you can always spot a Klipsch thanks to the emblematic copper-colored cones. The two 4-inch low/midrange drivers in the RP-4000F are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic material, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction. And the rear Tractrix horn bass-reflex port strengthens the bass further still.
Ready for bi-amplification
If your surround-sound receiver or amp has a couple extra channels lying around, the RP-4000F can put them to good use. High-quality binding posts allow for the connection of of low-frequency and high-frequency drivers to separate amplifier channels, for effortless reproduction and lower distortion.
What efficiency means
Klipsch’s horn-loading design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers and rugged mechanical structure, means that the RP-4000F reproduces the full dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and can rock out the house loud and clear. It’s an excellent match to many of today’s moderate-priced surround receivers.
Built to blend in – or stand out
The cabinetry is made of sturdy MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances. Aluminum feet help isolate the speaker to reduce room resonance. The ebony finish, combined with the unique look of Tractrix-and-copper speakers, makes a striking statement in any modern home, or fades into the furnishings when adorned with the attractive, flexible grille.
- Frequency response: 37-25kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 95dB @ 2.83V/1m
- Power handling (cont/peak): 75W/300W
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover frequency: 1500Hz
- High-frequency driver: 1” titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- Low frequency driver: Dual 4” Cerametallic cone woofers
- Enclosure material: MDF
- Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- Inputs: Dual binding posts/bi-wire/bi-amp
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 34.12" x 7.42" x 12.03"
- Weight: 29 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.