Klipsch R-14M Reference Bookshelf Speakers
Klipsch Reference has been one of our best-selling speaker lines. And for good reason — for decades Klipsch has been crafting high-quality speakers that offer powerful, lifelike sound. They've continued this tradition with their compact, affordable R-14M.
- frequency response: 64-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter
- 4" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- removable grilles offer a clean, streamlined look
- durable polymer veneer finish
- binding post speaker terminals
- 5-15/16"W x 9-3/4"H x 7-3/4"D
- weight: 7.13 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter:
The R-14M bookshelf speaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- Tractrix Horn Technology: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0-inch aluminum tweeter with a linear travel suspension to minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
4" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer:
The Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speaker is outfitted with a single 4" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker features a rear-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers. The port is precisely flared to minimize turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
The Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speaker features a MDF cabinet with a brushed polymer veneer black finish that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is utilized because of its damping characteristics for natural, uncolored sound without unwanted vibration and distortion.
Acoustically Transparent Grille:
The Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is acoustically transparent.
5-Way Binding Posts:
The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker is fitted with sturdy 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
The Klipsch R-14M can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. It can also be wall-mounted.
- Rubber Feet: The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.1875" to the height of the speaker.
- Keyhole Slot: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
For optimum performance, Klipsch suggests placing the bookshelf speakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
You Can Buy Happiness
It’s Copper and Black
Klipsch’s founder, Paul W. Klipsch, was an engineer, inventor, madman and certified genius. He spent his life trying to bring the world better sound. Since 1946, Klipsch has carried on their founder's passion for delivering the best home audio experience possible. You're not buying a speaker - you're buying a piece of American audio history - built on more than 70 years of remarkable acoustic technology.
Get power and versatility in a small package. The Reference R-14M monitor speaker packs a mean punch even for its tiny size. It performs beautifully as a left, center, right or surround. So, you can own the room without taking up too much of it.
- Fills small to medium rooms with powerful, lifelike performances
- 1" aluminum Linear Travel Suspension horn-loaded tweeter
- 4" copper-spun high-output IMG woofer
- Dimensions: 9.75" H x 5.88” W x 7.5" D
- Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet
90x90 Tractrix Horn
Klipsch Reference bookshelf speakers feature our proprietary 90x90 Tractrix Horn technology mated with an aluminum tweeter, for the most impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter
The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance while the copper-spun Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofer provides remarkable low frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion. Pair together, it provides speaker efficiency highest in its class.
Spun Copper IMG Woofer
Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofers are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid–providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion. When paired with the Tractrix Horn-loaded LTS tweeter, it provides speaker efficiency highest in its class.
Klipsch Reference bookshelf speakers feature a rear-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers. This design is precisely flared to minimize turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. 5-way binding posts provide the maximum connection flexibility.