Klipsch CDT-2650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker - Each
Klipsch CDT2650 C II In-Ceiling Speaker
Enjoy great sound throughout your house with Klipsch® CDT-2650-C II ceiling-mount speakers. Their high-tech design and solid construction deliver ear-pleasing results for movies or music. Use them as surround sound speakers in an all-Klipsch home theater, or install them in pairs for stereo listening with your multi-room audio system. Either way, you'll experience accurate Klipsch sound without the clutter of conventional speakers.
- 6.5" Woofer, 1" Tweeter
- 1" silk dome tweeter with swiveling Tractrix® horn
- Pivoting 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer
- Power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- Frequency response 77-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 91 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- Two-Way Tractrix Horn
- Swiveling Tweeter
- Woofer Rotates 360°, Pivots 15°
- Aluminum Slimtrim Grille
- Paintable SlimTrim™ magnetic grille
- Cutout dimensions: 8-3/16" diameter
- Mounting depth: 4-1/2"
Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT)
The Klipsch CDT-2650-C II in-ceiling speaker features a patent-pending gimbal mechanism, known as Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT). The tweeter and woofer are independently adjustable, allowing both the high and low frequencies to be directed toward the listening area.
The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-ceiling speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 91dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
2-Way Driver Design
The Klipsch CDT-2650-C II uses a high-quality 1" silk dome compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with a 6.5" polypropylene woofer in a 2-way design.
- Tweeter: There is a 1" silk dome tweeter mated to a swiveling 100° Tractrix Horn. The swiveling horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy. The horn-loaded tweeter allows you to point the sound to a specific location, and has more controlled directivity than a conventional dome tweeter.
- Woofer: The 6.5" polypropylene woofer can rotate a full 360°, and then shift 15° in any direction. This dense, yet lightweight, polymer cone can reproduce authoritative bass.
The speaker has a pair of spring clips that can accept up to 12-gauge wire or pin connectors.
The CDT-2650-C II has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
SlimTrim Magnetic Grille
With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Power Specifications Note
The manufacturer has specified the maximum power handling of this speaker as 50 watts RMS (200 W Peak). Klipsch has also published a recommended amplifier power specification as 100 watts.
What's in the Box
- Ceiling-mount speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh