KLH Stratton 12 Subwoofer
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of new-design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience to all. As KLH’s top-of-the-line subwoofer, the Stratton 12 is the exclamation point at the end of that line! Its big 12-inch low-frequency driver is formed of double-spun and heat-treated aluminum, driven by a rugged 2-inch voice coil. And pushing that voice coil is a massive amplifier that pumps out 450 watts continuously. The sealed cabinet makes for tight, clean bass, and the bottom end reaches all the way down to 25 Hz. A full set of controls on the back allows you to match the sub perfectly to your system
- - 12-inch front-firing double-spun aluminum woofer w/2-inch voice coil
- - Matched Class AB audiophile amp with 450 watts RMS (1,000 peak watts)
- - Sealed enclosure for tight, clean bass
- - Adjustable crossover frequency 40-160Hz accommodates a wide range of main speakers
- - Phase adjustment from 0 to 180 degrees
- - Voice coil: 2"
- - Front firing aluminum driver: 12"
- - Sealed enclosure
- - RCA and LFE inputs
- - Core Tech Class AB Switching Amplifier
- - Power Mode Switch: Auto / On / Off
- - Frequency response: 25Hz - 160Hz +/-3dB
- - Amp power: 450W RMS/1000W peak power
- - Impedance: 8Ω
- - Voltage: 115/230
- - High-quality MDF cabinet in piano black gloss finish
- - Dimensions: 15" H x 15" W x 15.8" D
- - Weight: 55 lbs.
- - Warranty: 5 years speaker, 2 years amplifier
Big driver, big bass
The Stratton 12 starts with a 12-inch driver, whose cone is formed of double-spun, heat-treated aluminum surrounded by high-density butyl rubber surrounds. That means the driver is rigid enough to move without distortion, light enough to react quickly to the signal, and flexible enough to pump a lot of air.
Amped to the max
The Stratton 12 drives that woofer’s 2-inch voice coil with a Class AB switching amplifier that cleanly supplies 450 watts continuously, or 1,000 watts at peak power. Each explosion and every drum kick lands like a punch to the gut.
Sealed for quality
The high-density MDF cabinet is reinforced and sealed – which reduces resonances and delivers tighter, cleaner and more accurate bass, all the way down to a room-shaking 25 Hz. And that cabinet is finished in attractive, high-gloss piano black, which means you don’t have to hide it behind a sofa or stereo bench, just place it wherever it sound best.
Full range of controls
The Stratton 12 comes with two inputs – LFE, to connect to a surround receiver with a subwoofer output, and line inputs for other systems. And if you need to tune your sub to match the system, you get volume, phase and crossover frequency controls across the back panel.