KLH Stratton 10 Subwoofer
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of new speakers, – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience to all. KLH’s compact new subwoofer, the Stratton 10, starts with a 10-inch low-frequency driver formed of double-spun and heat-treated aluminum, driven by a rugged 2-inch voice coil. And driving that voice coil is an amp that pumps out 350 watts continuously. The compact, sealed cabinet makes for tight, clean bass, and the bottom end reaches way down to 29 Hz. A full set of controls on the back allows you to match the sub perfectly to your system
- - 10-inch front-firing double-spun aluminum woofer w/2-inch voice coil
- - Front firing aluminum driver: 10"
- - Matched Class AB audiophile amp with 350 watts RMS (800 peak watts)
- - Sealed enclosure for accurate bass
- - Adjustable crossover frequency 40-160Hz accommodates a wide range of main speakers
- - Phase adjustment from 0 to 180 degrees
- - RCA and LFE inputs
- - Core Tech Class AB Switching Amplifier
- - Frequency response: 29Hz - 160Hz +/-3dB
- - Amp power: 350W RMS/800W peak power
- - Impedance: 8Ω
- - Voltage: 115/230
- - Auto on-off powers on when signal is present
- - Line and low-frequency effects inputs
- - High-quality MDF cabinet in piano black gloss finish
- - Dimensions: A compact 11.8" H x 11.8" W x 14.3" D
- - Weight: 46 lbs.
- - Warranty: 5 years speaker, 2 years amplifier
Big driver, big bass
The Stratton 10 starts with a 10-inch driver, with a cone formed of double-spun, heat-treated aluminum surrounded by high-density butyl rubber surrounds. That means the driver is stiff enough to move without distortion, light enough to react quickly to the signal, and flexible enough to pump a lot of air.
Amped to the max
Driving that woofer’s 2-inch voice coil is a perfectly matched, Class AB switching amplifier that cleanly supplies 350 watts continuously, or 800 watts peak. Each explosion and every drum kick lands like a punch to the gut.
Sealed for quality
How do you coax such bass from a cabinet that’s barely one cubic foot? Start with high-density MDF, reinforced and sealed to reduces resonance and deliver tight, clean and accurate bass, way down 29 Hz. And that cabinet is finished in attractive, high-gloss piano black, which means you don’t have to hide it, just put it wherever it sound best. It’s sized for any room.
Full range of controls
The Stratton 10 comes with two inputs – LFE, to connect to a surround receiver with a subwoofer output, and line inputs for other systems. And if you need to tune your sub to match the system, you get volume, phase and crossover frequency controls across the back panel.