KLH Story Center Channel Speaker
Named after a street in Cambridge, Mass., the Story Center Channel Speaker indeed has a tale to tell. KLH, one of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, was purchased by longtime industry execs in early 2017. And the brand returns with a full line of new-design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s mission to deliver audiophile excellence at affordable prices. If you are building a home theater, the Story center channel meshes perfectly with KLH’s full line of floorstanding or bookshelf speakers and surrounds. It shares the same custom-designed woofer/midrange drivers of woven Kevlar and 1” anodized aluminum dome tweeter, as well as similar crossover circuitry of the highest-quality components. With solid, sturdy MDF cabinetry of real black oak veneer, and a bass port that adjusts to the speaker’s position in the room, this crucial cinematic component cements dialog and effects exactly where they should be, so you hear and feel every moment of your favorite film.
- - Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- - 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate
- - Dual 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® woofers low/midrange drivers with die-cast aluminum baskets and oversize magnets
- - Frequency response: 48-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- - Recommended amplifier power: up to 150 watts
- - Sensitivity: 91 dB
- - Impedance: 8 ohms
- - Two-way ported bass reflex center channel speaker
- - Adjustable rear port loading
- - Two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- - 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- - Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- - MDF construction with low resonance braced individual speaker chambers
- - Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- - Nickel plated five-way binding posts
- - Real black oak wood veneer
- - Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- - Dimensions:19"W x 7"H x 9-1/4"D
- - Weight: 16 lbs.
- - Warranty: An exceptional 10 years
Two-Way Center-Channel Loudspeaker
The KLH Story is a two-way center-channel loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate and two 5.25" Woven Kevlar mid/bass drivers with butyl rubber surrounds and powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. A custom multi-element crossover with high grade components ensures smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Bass Reflex Design
The KLH Story center-channel loudspeaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. If you are placing the center-channel speaker 6" or closer to a wall, bass output can be controlled by reducing the amount of air flow from the rear ports. You can "tune" the bass output by using the two foam ports included with the speaker.
The speaker enclosure features MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia. The MDF enclosure is finished in a black oak real wood veneer.
Dual Binding Post Terminals
The KLH Story center-channel loudspeaker has two sets of nickel-plated binding posts terminals connected by jumpers (fasteners). The binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
Bi-Wiring:Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency driver; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency driver).
Bi-Amping:Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
The KLH Story is designed to be used as a center-channel loudspeaker in a home theater application. The Story is timbre matched to all KLH loudspeakers, so you'll get the perfect match between left-center-right for the complete home theater experience. It features the same quality drivers, tweeter, and components used throughout the KLH line.
- - Placement Options: The placement of your center-channel is very important in regard to home theater usage. The center-channel produces most of the dialog, and 60% of the total sound in a home theater application. It is recommended that the center channel speaker be placed below the TV or projector screen. When the center channel is positioned below ear level, it should be angled upward.
- - Mounting options: The center-channel speaker can be placed on your TV stand, dedicated center-channel stand, or shelf. The included self-adhesive rubber feet add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker. There are no included brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded-inserts to mount to the speaker on a wall.
A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
Founded in 1957, KLH has been creating modern, innovative audio solutions for decades.
With a passion for high-fidelity sound, KLH audio systems are designed and manufactured with quality audio technology for audiophiles at any budget. KLH is a major force in the speaker industry, renowned for its cutting-edge technology and unique ability to adapt and innovate. For unmatched sound quality and subtle, understated luxury designs, KLH has a stereo speaker and home theater system suited to virtually any audiophile’s needs.
A must-have for any home theater, the KLH Story 2-Way Center Channel Speaker will add a layer of depth and detail to your surround sound system. The center channel captures most of the dialogue in films, so this loudspeaker is a crucial addition for film fanatics and cinephiles who crave realistic audio. From detailed dialogue to intense action scenes, this speaker will make you feel as though you are right alongside your favorite on-screen characters.
- 2 x 5.25" Kevlar mid/bass drivers
- 1" Anodized aluminum tweeter
- 2-Way acoustic suspension system
- Low resonance MDF cabinet construction
- Custom magnetic grille with honeycomb design
Crisp, Clear Dialogue
With a powerful 2-way bass reflex system, this speaker combines rich, detailed mids and highs with steady bass for absolute balance. This speaker includes a pair of 5.25" Kevlar mid/bass drivers and a 1" aluminum tweeter for a blend of volume and detail.
Constructed with durable MDF material and added internal bracing, this speaker offers exceptional durability and stability, which is a must-have for any home speaker. Made with high-grade, modern materials, this KLH speaker is built to last for years to come.
This Center Channel speaker features a stylish magnetic grille with a classic honeycomb design and no visible fasteners. The result is a modern aesthetic sure to complement your home theater.
Crisp, Rich KLH Audio
No home theater is complete without a powerfully precise center channel speaker. This Story Center Channel speaker offers detailed, enhanced dialogue for films and TV shows. The matching center channel speaker is a crucial addition to any home theater to create a true cinematic experience.
A Commitment to Innovation and Quality
Founded in 1957 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, KLH is a company of ground-breaking firsts and has created some of the bestselling speakers in the world. KLH stands behind their products with a strong commitment to quality and performance for years beyond the purchase.
Henry Kloss, the iconic founder of KLH, was fondly dubbed by Wes Phillips of Stereophile Magazine as “The Man Who Changed Audio and Video – Time and Time Again”. He co-developed the first acoustic suspension speaker, introduced the world’s first full range electrostatic speaker, launched the first-ever high-selectivity FM radio, and won an Emmy Award for the first large screen projection television for home use. For his innumerable contributions to the Consumer Electronics Industry, Henry was one of the first inductees into the regaled CEA Hall of Fame, along with the likes of Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Ray Dolby, and Avery Fisher.