KLH Quincy Floorstanding Loudspeaker
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of newly design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to make the audiophile experience affordable for all. The mid-line Quincy 3-way tower speaker embodies that goal. The Quincy features custom-built woofer and midrange drivers of durable and sonically superior Kevlar, with powerful magnets and cast aluminum baskets. The whole package is wrapped in real wood veneers – black oak or American walnut – with brushed-aluminum speaker faceplates that look elegant with or without the seamless magnetic grille attached. The new KLH is so confident that you’ll enjoy these speakers for years to come, the company offers an unheard-of 10-year warranty.
- - Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- - Three-way ported bass-reflex system with oversized magnets
- - One 6-1/2 inch woven Kevlar bass driver
- - One 5-1/4 inch Kevlar midrange
- - 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeter
- - Frequency response: 27-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- - Recommended amplifier power: up to 225 watts
- - Sensitivity: 95 dB
- - Impedance: 8 ohms
- - Brushed aluminum fascia around drivers
- - Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- - Dense braced MDF internal chambers for low resonance
- - Nickel-plated five-way binding posts with bi-amp capability
- - Two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- - 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- - Complete with black satin base, rubber feet and spikes for placement on floor or carpet
- - Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- - Dimensions: 7-3/4"W x 37-1/2"H x 14-3/4"D
- - Weight: 40 lbs.
- - Warranty: An exceptional 10 years
Three-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker
The KLH Quincy is a three-way floorstanding loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate, one 5.25" Woven Kevlar midrange driver with butyl rubber surround and a powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket, and one 6.5" Woven Kevlar bass driver with butyl rubber surround and a powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. Custom multi-element crossovers with high grade components ensure smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Bass Reflex Design
The KLH Quincy floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. If you are placing the floorstanding speaker 6" or closer to a wall, bass output can be controlled by reducing the amount of air flow from the rear ports. You can "tune" the bass output by using the included foam port to seal one of the rear ports.
The speaker cabinet features 3/4" MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia, as well as an integrated MDF plinth (base). The MDF enclosure is finished in a real wood veneer (choose between a black oak or american walnut finish).
A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
Dual Binding Post Terminals
The KLH Quincy floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets nickel-plated binding posts terminals connected by jumpers (fasteners). The binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
Bi-Wiring:Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency driver; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency driver).
Bi-Amping:Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Applications & Placement
The KLH Quincy floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a stereo or home theater application.
- Placement of the speaker is a personal preference, but it is recommended that a pair of speakers be placed at least 6' apart whether they are being used for a stereo application, or as the main left and right channels for a home theater.
- For best imaging and separation, listening distance from the speakers should be approximately 1.5x the distance the speakers are apart from each other.
- Also, be sure that the speaker is placed at least 12" away from any wall. Further adjustments can be made to optimize your listening experience.
Rubber or Spike Feet
The included rubber feet are used for solid flooring such as wood, tile, and concrete. The included chrome-plated spikes are used for carpeted flooring. If you prefer to use the spikes on your solid flooring, you can install the included protective discs under the spikes to protect your floor. Both types of feet screw into the bottom of the speaker's integrated MDF plinth (base) and are adjustable to level the speaker on uneven flooring.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 38.1875" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 39.1875" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet/Protective Discs: 8.3125" (w) x 39.25" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
- Dimensions without Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 38.0" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
Founded in 1957, KLH has been creating modern, innovative audio solutions for decades.
With a passion for high-fidelity sound, KLH audio systems are designed and manufactured with quality audio technology for audiophiles at any budget. KLH is a major force in the speaker industry, renowned for its cutting-edge technology and unique ability to adapt and innovate. For unmatched sound quality and subtle, understated luxury designs, KLH has a stereo speaker and home theater system suited to virtually any audiophile’s needs.
Designed for absolute balance, the KLH Quincy 3-Way Floor Standing Speaker offers a blend of crisp highs and driving bass for incredibly realistic audio. The 3-way bass-reflex design and stunning aesthetic will revolutionize your home theater. Combine your main front speakers with their acoustically matched center, surrounds and powered subwoofers to create an extraordinary home theater system.
- 6.5" Kevlar bass driver
- 5.25" Kevlar mid/bass driver
- 1" Anodized aluminum tweeter
- Custom multi-element crossover
- Low resonance MDF cabinet construction
- Custom magnetic grille with honeycomb design
Incredibly Deep Bass
This KLH speaker is designed with a powerful 6.5" woven Kevlar bass driver to create vivid, realistic audio in the comfort of your living room. The 3-way bass-reflex system offers sound full of depth and clarity, immersing the listener in audio that feels incredibly lifelike.
Designed for absolute durability and sturdiness, this floor speaker features MDF construction with internal bracing to ensure enjoyable & trouble free use for the life of the product. The MDF base includes steel spikes for carpet and rubber feet for use on hardwood or tile floors for proper decoupling.
Blending cutting-edge audio hardware with a classic Black Oak or American Walnut veneer finish, this floor standing speaker will revolutionize your home theater. The sleek, understated aesthetic offers a look of sophistication and style.
Crisp, Rich KLH Audio
Beyond the bass driver, this home theater tower speaker includes a 5.25" Kevlar mid/bass driver and a 1" aluminum tweeter, resulting in crisp, rich mids and highs that blend with the bass for absolute clarity and a realistic sound at any volume.
A Commitment to Innovation and Quality
Founded in 1957 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, KLH is a company of ground-breaking firsts and has created some of the bestselling speakers in the world. KLH stands behind their products with a strong commitment to quality and performance for years beyond the purchase.
Henry Kloss, the iconic founder of KLH, was fondly dubbed by Wes Phillips of Stereophile Magazine as “The Man Who Changed Audio and Video – Time and Time Again”. He co-developed the first acoustic suspension speaker, introduced the world’s first full range electrostatic speaker, launched the first-ever high-selectivity FM radio, and won an Emmy Award for the first large screen projection television for home use. For his innumerable contributions to the Consumer Electronics Industry, Henry was one of the first inductees into the regaled CEA Hall of Fame, along with the likes of Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Ray Dolby, and Avery Fisher.