KLH Kendall Floorstanding Speaker
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of new-design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience to all. The Kendall 3-way tower speaker, the flagship of the new line, embodies that goal. The Kendall features custom designed drivers of durable and sonically superior Kevlar and anodized aluminum, with oversized magnets, braided tinsel leads and high-quality crossover circuitry to ensure smooth transitions among the speakers. Solid, rigid MDF internal driver chambers are braced for ultra-low resonance. The whole package is finished in real wood veneers – black oak and American walnut – and brushed-aluminum speaker faceplates that look equally elegant with or without the seamless magnetic grille attached. The new KLH is so confident, the company offers an unheard-of 10 year warranty. But just as in the original KLH, it’s all about the sound, and the Kendall transports you convincingly to concert hall or cinema at a fraction of the cost of most high-end speakers.
- - Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- - Three-way bass-reflex system
- - Two 6-1/2 inch woven Kevlar bass drivers with oversized magnets
- - One 5-1/4 inch Kevlar midrange driver
- - 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeter
- - Rrequency response: 25-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- - Recommended amplifier power: up to 250 watts
- - Sensitivity: 96 dB
- - Impedance: 8 ohms
- - Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- - Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- - Dense MDF internal chambers
- - Port-tuning for optimized bass
- - Nickel-plated five-way binding posts with bi-amp capability
- - Two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- - Complete with black satin MDF base, rubber feet and spikes for - placement on floor or carpet
- - Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- - Dimensions: 7-3/4"W x 40"H x 14-3/4"D
- - Weight: 50 lbs.
- - Warranty: An exceptional 10 years
Three-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker
The KLH Kendall is a three-way floorstanding loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate, one 5.25" Woven Kevlar midrange driver with butyl rubber surround and a powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket, and two 6.5" Woven Kevlar bass drivers with butyl rubber surrounds and powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. Custom multi-element crossovers with high grade components ensure smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Bass Reflex Design
The KLH Kendall floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. If you are placing the floorstanding speaker 6" or closer to a wall, bass output can be controlled by reducing the amount of air flow from the rear ports. You can "tune" the bass output by using the included foam port to seal one of the rear ports.
The speaker cabinet features 3/4" MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia, as well as an integrated MDF plinth (base). The MDF enclosure is finished in a real wood veneer (choose between a black oak or american walnut finish).
A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
Dual Binding Post Terminals
The KLH Kendall floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets nickel-plated binding posts terminals connected by jumpers (fasteners). The binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
Bi-Wiring:Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency driver; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency driver).
Bi-Amping:Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Applications & Placement
The KLH Kendall floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a stereo or home theater application.
- - Placement of the speaker is a personal preference, but it is recommended that a pair of speakers be placed at least 6' apart whether they are being used for a stereo application, or as the main left and right channels for a home theater.
- - For best imaging and separation, listening distance from the speakers should be approximately 1.5x the distance the speakers are apart from each other.
- - Also, be sure that the speaker is placed at least 12" away from any wall. Further adjustments can be made to optimize your listening experience.
Rubber or Spike Feet
The included rubber feet are used for solid flooring such as wood, tile, and concrete. The included chrome-plated spikes are used for carpeted flooring. If you prefer to use the spikes on your solid flooring, you can install the included protective discs under the spikes to protect your floor. Both types of feet screw into the bottom of the speaker's integrated MDF plinth (base) and are adjustable to level the speaker on uneven flooring.
- - Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 40.4375" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
- - Dimensions with Spike Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 41.375" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
- - Dimensions with Spike Feet/Protective Discs: 8.3125" (w) x 41.5" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
- - Dimensions without Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 40.1875" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
Founded in 1957, KLH has been creating modern, innovative audio solutions for decades.
With a passion for high-fidelity sound, KLH audio systems are designed and manufactured with quality audio technology for audiophiles at any budget. KLH is a major force in the speaker industry, renowned for its cutting-edge technology and unique ability to adapt and innovate. For unmatched sound quality and subtle, understated luxury designs, KLH has a stereo speaker and home theater system suited to virtually any audiophile’s needs
Featuring cutting-edge audio technology, the KLH Kendall 3-way speaker offers optimal sound quality in an elegant design. This floor standing speaker features state-of-the-art components for balanced sound, full of depth and detail.Combine your main front speakers with their acoustically matched center, surrounds and powered subwoofers to create an extraordinary home theater system.
- Pair of 6.5" Kevlar bass drivers
- 5.25" Kevlar mid-bass driver
- 1" Anodized aluminum tweeter
- Custom multi-element crossover
- 3/4" Low resonance MDF cabinet construction
- Custom honeycomb designed magnetic grille
Incredibly Deep Bass
Delivering incredibly realistic sound, the Kendall speaker reproduces the artist’s original soundtrack recording with natural detail and deep visceral bass that mimics the intensity of a live concert venue. Powerful, deep bass that you can HEAR and FEEL.
Built to last, this floor standing speaker is constructed with sturdy 3/4" MDF cabinets, woven Kevlar drivers, cast aluminum baskets and an anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate.
Crafted with real wood veneers in Black Oak and American Walnut this speaker features a stunningly beautiful design that compliments even the most sophisticated décor. An ultra slim profile with precise edges and no visible fasteners ensures a sleek, flawless look.
Crisp, Clear KLH Audio
Kevlar drivers matched with butyl rubber surrounds are used to reduce unwanted resonance, prevent distortion and improve accuracy. Cast aluminum baskets with oversized magnets provide greater linear control, phase coherency and clarity. A mid-bass driver and anodized aluminum tweeter offer crisp, rich mids and highs for exceptional full frequency detail.
A Commitment to Innovation and Quality
Founded in 1957 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, KLH is a company of ground-breaking firsts and has created some of the bestselling speakers in the world. KLH stands behind their products with a strong commitment to quality and performance for years beyond the purchase.
Henry Kloss, the iconic founder of KLH, was fondly dubbed by Wes Phillips of Stereophile Magazine as “The Man Who Changed Audio and Video – Time and Time Again”. He co-developed the first acoustic suspension speaker, introduced the world’s first full range electrostatic speaker, launched the first-ever high-selectivity FM radio, and won an Emmy Award for the first large screen projection television for home use. For his innumerable contributions to the Consumer Electronics Industry Henry was one of the first inductees into the regaled CEA Hall of Fame, along with the likes of Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Ray Dolby, and Avery Fisher.