KLH Ames 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
The Ames, KLH’s smallest two-way bookshelf system, honors that heritage at an entry-level price. And the Ames hearkens back to one of audio’s earliest innovations – the acoustic suspension speaker. Coaxing unexpectedly big sound out of tiny boxes, acoustic suspension tightens and extends the bass response of even mini-monitors to match that of larger systems. And the Ames delivers sonic purity across its frequency range, with custom-designed woofer/midrange drivers of woven Kevlar, crossover circuitry of the highest-quality components, anodized aluminum dome tweeter, and solid, sturdy MDF cabinetry available in two finishes. The new KLH is so confident, the company offers an unheard-of 10 year warranty. Compact, attractive and sonically satisfying enough to serve in any room, the Ames exemplifies KLH’s dedication to value, and World Wide is proud to be an inaugural dealer for the company’s entire new speaker line.
- - Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- - 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate
- - 4" woven Kevlar® woofer
- - Frequency response: 60-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- - Recommended amplifier power: up to 150 watts
- - Sensitivity: 87.5 dB
- - Impedance: 8 ohms
- - Sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet design
- - 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- - Brushed aluminum fascia around drivers
- - Sturdy MDF construction with low-resonance braced chambers
- - Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- - Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- - Dimensions: 4-3/4"W x 7-1/2"H x 6"D
- - Weight: 5 lbs.
- - Warranty: An exceptional 10 years
Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker
The KLH Ames is a two-way bookshelf loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate and 4" Woven Kevlar mid/bass driver with butyl rubber surround and a powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. A custom multi-element crossover with high grade components ensures smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Enclosure
The KLH Ames bookshelf loudspeaker uses an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for tight, accurate sound reproduction. The enclosure features MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia. The MDF enclosure is finished in a white or black satin.
A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
Binding Post Terminals
The KLH Ames bookshelf loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of nickel-plated binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs.
Applications & Placement
The KLH Ames bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a stereo or home theater application. In a home theater application, the Ames bookshelf speaker can be used as Front and/or Surround speakers.
- - Placement of the speaker is a personal preference, but it is recommended that a pair of speakers be placed at least 6' apart whether they are being used for a stereo application, or as the main left and right channels for a home theater.
- - For best imaging and separation, listening distance from the speakers should be approximately 1.5x the distance the speakers are apart from each other.
- - Also, be sure that the speaker is placed at least 12" away from any wall. Further adjustments can be made to optimize your listening experience.
The KLH Ames loudspeaker should be placed on stands (sold separately) or on bookshelves, preferably at ear level with listener. There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the cabinet if you want to wall mount the speaker using an optional bracket (sold separately).