Kicker 46CXA3604T 360 Watt RMS 4 Channel Amplifier
Kicker 46CXA3604T 360 Watt RMS 4 Channel 50-200 Hz Vehicle Car Audio Class A/B Amplifier with Variable High and Low Pass Filters
Power-up your music
Do you like it loud and clean? Kicker's CXA360.4T four-channel amplifier can put out 65 watts per channel, so your music will get a big boost in volume and clarity. You could also use this amp in bridged, 2-channel mode to drive a couple of subs or high-performance speakers with 180 watts RMS each. Or, you could power a couple of front speakers with 65 watts each, plus a sub with 180 watts from the amp's bridged rear channels.
Tone controls for the best sound
Separate high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels help you sculpt the sound to get the most out of all your speakers. Variable bass boosts, also on both the front and rear channels, allow you to add some low-end punch when you're running subs. If you're using the rear channels to drive a subwoofer, an optional wired remote lets you control the level from the front seat.
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) keeps this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you can tap into your vehicle's speaker wiring for an input signal without a worry. A 3-second turn-on/turn-off delay eliminates system pops and other noises. The CXA360.4T comes with hardware that lets you mount it vertically, so you can put it in a location that takes up very little floor space and looks cool too.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker-level inputs require speaker wire to RCA adapters
- optional remote bass level controller available for rear channels
- 3-second delay for turn-on and turn-off
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 12-7/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Kicker 8-gauge wiring kit)
Overview: The CXA 360.4 4-channel amplifier is effectively two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis, labeled Amp 1 and Amp 2. Each section of the amp is bridgeable, so it can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 65 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- 2Ω: 90 watts RMS x 4 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- Bridged (4Ω): 180 watts RMS x 2 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power output)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select high (speaker-level) or low (line-level)
- Input Gain Control: independent rotary gain controls for Amp 1 and Amp 2; continuously variable from 250mV to 10V with the input level switch set to low; 1V to 40V with the input level switch set to high
- Crossover: independent 3-position switches for Amp 1 and Amp 2; select Off, High Pass, or Low Pass; the slope is 12 dB/octave for both
- Frequency: separate rotary controls for Amp 1 and Amp 2; continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz
- Fader: 2-position switch; turn on when using two pair of dedicated inputs; leave off when only using one pair of inputs
- KickEQ Bass Boost: separate rotary controls for Amp 1 and Amp 2; increase the bass level between 0dB and +6dB; centered at 40Hz
Mounting: The CX Series amplifiers can be mounted vertically, if desired, with the included mounting brackets. When mounted vertically, the dimensions are:
- Height: 6⅞"
- Length: 12⅞"
- Width: 2⅜"
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>2.5 volts) on the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Wire Connections: The CXA360.4 has screw-down terminals for power, ground, turn-on (REM), and speaker output, which will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors. The power and ground slots are 0.512" wide and the remote and speaker slots are 0.335" wide.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 40-amp external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Input Signal: The CXA360.4 accepts either high (speaker-level) or low (line-level) input signals on the two pair of RCA inputs (Amp 1, Amp 2), selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker-level to RCA adapter. The input sensitivity is 250mV-10V (low) or 1V-40V (high).
Optional Wired Remote: The optional CXARC remote bass level control can be added to remotely control the output level of the Amp 2 channels. (The low pass crossover must be engaged.) The CXARC's control knob can be mounted near the driver's seat, and the control's cable extended to the amplifier location.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.