Kenwood KMM-BT328U Digital Media Receiver
Kenwood KMM-BT328U Digital media receiver.
For the family ride, the KMM-BT328U enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming audio, Kenwood's Music Mix feature lets you pair five phones, so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip party. Kenwood's Sound Reconstruction feature restores the depth that's often missing from compressed music files, while digital time alignment ensures that all that sound reaches your ears at the same time. A 13-band EQ lets you get the sound you like, and you can tune it from your phone with the Remote App. Kenwood builds three sets of 2.5-volt RCA preamp outputs into the KMM-BT328U for serious system expansion. You can also add a satellite radio tuner (subscription also required) to enjoy SiriusXM's remarkably varied range of music, entertainment, news, and sports programming, wherever you go.
- General Features:
- Digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- Kenwood Remote App lets you control receiver settings with your smartphone
- Built-in Bluetooth (Version 4.2)
- Plays MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, plus high-res FLAC and WAV music files
- 1.5 line LCD display with variable-color illumination
- Smartphone Features:
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Built-in iPhone control
- Rapid-charging of select smartphones using USB connection
- IAP2 support for Apple Music and iTunes Radio playback
- Music Mix feature allows music streaming playback and control from up to five paired smartphones
- Pandora and Spotify Internet radio control with iPhone and Android
- Connect two phones at once
- Audio Features:
- Drive EQ improves sound to compensate for exterior noise
- 13-band equalizer
- Digital time alignment
- High-pass and low-pass filters for front, rear, and sub outputs
- Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Inputs: front USB (1.5A) and AUX inputs
- Outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, sub)
- Other Features and Specs:
- Built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Removable theft-deterrent faceplate
- Microphone included for phone calls
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KMM-BT328U
Amazon Alexa Compatible: The Kenwood KMM-BT328U features built-in Alexa with voice control. Alexa is a cloud-based voice control digital assistant developed by Amazon. You can ask Alexa to play music get weather reports, traffic information, control smart home devices, set reminders, and more. You'll need to install the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) on your compatible smartphone device to setup the Kenwood receiver for voice control. Your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone will need to be connected via Bluetooth (not USB) to the Kenwood receiver and have an active data plan from your service provider with internet connection. You'll simply press The "Amazon Alexa" key on the Kenwood head unit to activate Alexa voice control and speak into the included external microphone. The receiver will provide display feedback during Alexa voice control - "Listening" appears while you are saying your voice command, "Thinking" appears when Alexa is processing your voice command, and "Speaking" appears while Alexa is responding to your voice command. Alexa and your requested content or information will be heard over your vehicle's speakers. Here are a few things you can do with Amazon Alexa voice control -
- Music & Audiobooks: Using Amazon Alexa voice control your can select, play, and control your favorite music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Spotify, and SiriusXM. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible. *The Kenwood receiver does not support all of Amazon Alexa compatible music services.
- Phone Calls: Ask Alexa to call a contact or place of business. Access to your phone and contacts must be enabled within the Alexa app.
- Traffic & Parking Information: Ask Alexa for traffic information and available parking.
- Weather, News, & Sports: Check weather reports, news updates, and sport scores using Amazon Alexa and your voice.
- Smarthome Control: Use Amazon Alexa and your voice to control compatible smarthome devices, such as garage door openers and outdoor lighting.
- Questions & Answers: Amazon Alexa lets you ask questions about general things and check Wikipedia.
- Times & Alarms: Use your voice and Amazon Alexa, you can set timers and alarms.
- The Amazon Alexa App is required for setup. The Kenwood receiver is recognized as "Headphones" when adding a device in the Alexa app. Click here for a video of the Amazon Alexa setup. The click here for instructions of the Amazon Alexa setup.
- Alexa cannot be accessed by simply saying "Alexa" like on some home devices; the "Alexa" button must be pressed on the front of the unit to access Alexa voice control.
- The Kenwood does not guarantee compatibility with all Amazon Alexa features and may not support some functions.
- Amazon Alexa voice control does not control non-Alexa source, audio, and menu functions of the Kenwood receiver.
- If your Apple iOS or Android device loses Bluetooth or Internet connection, Alexa voice control will be terminated.
- Alexa is a source input of the receiver. If you switch to another source input, Alexa voice control will be terminated.
- Only one Apple iOS or Android device can be connected for Alexa voice control at a time.
iPhone Direct Connection: The Kenwood KMM-BT328U's front-panel USB port can be used to connect select Lightning Apple iOS devices to the receiver. The USB connection allows for playback of stored music and music apps on your iPhone or iPod touch through the Kenwood receiver. Use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device or an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMM-BT328U.
- Head Unit Control: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. The contents of a Playlist or Category can be searched alphabetically or numerically; you can even skip through the stored music files in specific increments (0.5/1/5/10%). The KMM-BT328U also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of stored music on your iPod/iPhone. In addition, you'll be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from stored music and select music apps streamed to your iPhone. You can also choose to control your compatible Apple iPhone or touch from its own touchscreen, instead of the head unit.
- Song/Artist Info Display: The KMM-BT328U will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album title.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected Apple iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh