Kenwood Excelon XR-1701P Certified 6-1/2" High-Resolution Audio Component Speaker
Kenwood Excelon XR-1701P
Excelon Series 6-1/2" component speaker system
The 6-1/2" glass-fiber woofer cone delivers full, hearty sound, and its specially designed surround ensures endurance, play after play. The 1-3/16" hard dome titanium tweeter brings striking detail to your music, upholding the artist's intention from song to song. If you love high-res music, these tweeters reproduce frequencies up to 40,000 Hz, delivering the extended detail and strong imaging of your high-res FLAC or DSD files. Kenwood also includes versatile mounting gear for a variety of installation of challenges. These exceptional speakers will handle up to 100 watts RMS, so you'll maximize their performance when you power them with a nice amp. And the included external crossovers let you amplify the woofers and tweeters separately for an even stronger sound.
- Component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" glass fiber woofer with rubber surround
- 1-3/16" titanium hard dome tweeter with neodymium magnet
- Includes flush- and surface-mount tweeter hardware
- External crossover with two-level tweeter attenuation and bi-amp capability
- Handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- Frequency response: 60-35,000 Hz
- What's in the box:
- Kenwood Excelon XR-1701P owner's manual
- Two Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has an integral flush mount frame and a 5" Length of wire attached)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Tweeter flush mount retaining clips
- 2 Angled surface mounting housings
- 2 Multi-purpose woofer mounting brackets
- 2 Crossovers
- Twelve 1" Screws
- Eight 3/4" Screws
- Four 5/8" Screws
- Two M4x6mm Machine screws
- 16 Speed clips
- Grille putty
- Instruction manual
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Impedance: 3 ohms
- Woofer top-mount depth: 2-3/8"
- Grilles included
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XR-1701P
Custom Brackets: Using the included brackets, the Kenwood XR-1701P woofers become factory replacement speakers, compatible with several Ford, GM, Hyundai, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles. The brackets are multi-purpose, scored for trimming to fit several applications.
Crossover: Each crossover has screw terminal inputs and outputs that will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. (Speaker wire is not included with the system.) The output level of the tweeters is adjustable; choose 0 dB or -3 dB. The crossovers also have bi-amp inputs, one input for the tweeter and one for the woofer. When bi-amping the speakers, the input jumpers need to be removed. Using four amplifier channels to bi-amp the speakers typically improves the dynamic range and presents an easier load for the amp(s) to drive. The crossover slope is 12 dB/octave, high-pass and low-pass.
- Width: 5.275"
- Height: 1.3"
- Depth: 3.275"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters can be flush mounted using the supplied hardware, or surface mounted using the included housings. Once mounted the tweeters have these dimensions:
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.8"||0.54" (screw depth)|
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh