Kenwood Excelon X502-1 X Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier — 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms
Kenwood Excelon X502-1
X Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier — 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms
Class D technology ensures that this compact amp will run cool and perform reliably. Kenwood divided the amp's internal circuitry — analog, digital, and power supply — onto separate, non-overlapping circuit boards for improved overall sound quality. The X502-1 accepts input signals via RCA cables from an aftermarket receiver or by way of your vehicle's speaker wiring, so it'll work with almost any mobile audio system. If you do use the speaker-level inputs, the amp can sense the signal and turn itself on, so you won't need to run a separate remote turn-on lead to the receiver or fuse box.
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amplifier design
- Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- Bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Subsonic filter (25 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- More Info:
- Optional KCA-RC01A wired remote level control available
- Preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- What's in the box:
- Kenwood Excelon X502-1 owner's manual
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Two 30-amp ATC fuses (installed)
- Terminal cover (installed)
- 8" Speaker level input harness
- Four 5/8" Screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-7/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 5-15/16"D
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- MFR # X502-1
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood X502-1 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofer with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is the amplifier runs more efficiently, generating less heat than Class AB amps. The Class D design also allows the amplifier to be built on a small chassis, and installed where space is limited.
Signal Sensing: The amplifier has a signal-sensing turn-on circuit on the speaker level input. When a signal (up to 50 watts) is detected on the speaker level inputs, the amplifier will automatically power on. When the signal is no longer detected, the amp will turn off. This allows you to install the amplifier without a remote turn-on lead if the speaker level input is used.
Optional Wired Level Control Ready
The optional KCA-RC01A wired remote level control allows you to easily adjust the subwoofer volume.
Speaker Level Input Harness
Speaker Level Input Harness is included to connect to speaker wires from factory installed receivers.
Sliding Terminal Cover
Detachable sliding terminal cover offers a sleek design and easier installation.
Output Coil with Magnetic Shield
Prevents magnetic flux from radiating from the subwoofer's coil, resulting in reduced noise and enhanced sound quality.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh