Kenwood DRV-A501WDP HD dash cam with 3" display, Wi-Fi, GPS, and included rear-view cam
HD dash cam with 3" display, Wi-Fi, GPS, and included rear-view cam
Kenwood's built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood's Wireless App Link.
This fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. However, using Kenwood's optional hardwire solution (not included), this camera will wake up when your parked vehicle is disturbed (and its built-in motion sensor is triggered) to record what's in front of it — a great theft deterrent.
Wide Quad HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder and rear-view camera
3" LCD display
Includes 26-foot power and video for rear-view cam
Also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood's Wireless App Link
Dash cam records video files up to 2560 x 1440p
Parking mode recording with CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (not included)
Built-in capacitor saves video files when power is interrupted
Accepts micro SD cards up to 256GB
Recording resolution: 3.7 megapixel (front camera); 2 megapixel (rear-view); 2 megapixel (both cameras active)
Warranty: 1 year
Our 30-day money-back guarantee
MFR # DRV-A501WDP
Front & Rear View Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A501WDP includes two interior cameras - one to record in front of your vehicle and one to record behind your vehicle, all at the same time. When in Dual Camera Recording Mode, both cameras maximum recording resolution is 2.0 Megapixel (Full HD). The rear camera must be turned off to enable 3.7 Megapixel recording from the front camera only.
- Dash Cam: The dash cam captures clear videos and photos while you drive and while you are stopped. It utilizes a 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor with 3.7 million pixels for recording up to 2560 x 1440 Quad HD video and features a F1.6 lens with a 126-degree field of view (FOV).
- Rear Cam: The rear camera provides a clear, wide-angle video image thanks to its 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor and F2.0 lens with a 161-degree field of view (FOV).
HDR & WDR Technology: The Kenwood DRV-A501WDP utilizes HDR (High Dynamic Range) and WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology that easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image.
Polarized Filter: Attach the included polarized filter to the dash camera's lens to reduce windscreen glare and reflection. The filter has a rotating bezel, so that you can setup the reflection free lens exactly how you need to in your vehicle.
3 Video Recording Modes: The DRV-A501WDP offers 3 types of video recording modes - Manual, G-Sensor, and Parked.
- Manual: Press the "Record" button and the unit will continuously record video in 1, 3, or 5 minute clips onto the inserted microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- G-Sensor: If the built-in G-sensor of the DRV-A301W detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that recorded video file is locked and stored in the "Protected" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Parked: When the vehicle is parked and turned off, parking mode becomes active once the unit does not detect any vibration for more than 5 minutes. If the vehicle is then subject to a collision or other physical impact, the camera powers on and automatically records 30 seconds of video. This feature requires the Kenwood's CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (sold separately).
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A501WDP is able to record video and capture still images, as well as record audio.
- Videos: The DRV-A501WDP records 2560 x 1440 Quad HD @ 30fps (Front Mode Only) or 1920 x 1080 Full HD @ 30fps (Front & Rear Dual Mode) in H.264/MOV. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes. You can also adjust the exposure level from -2 to +2.
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the dash cam has the capability to capture 2560 x 1440 JPEG still images so that in the event of an accident, you can take photographs from inside the vehicle. You can adjust the exposure level from -2 to +2.
- Audio: The dash camera is also equipped with an integrated microphone for recording audio (2ch PCM ) inside the car. A built-in speaker is provided for playback of recorded audio. It also features a HDMI output for the display of recorded audio/video on an external AV system.
Built-in GPS: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the DRV-A501WDP can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
microSD Card Slot: The dashboard camera is outfitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card (8GB-256GB; Class 10 or higher). Video, audio, and photos will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card in exFAT/FAT32. The storage on the microSD memory card will be split into three areas according to the type of recording - Protected, Video, and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card is included.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh