Kenwood DRV-A301W High Resolution Dashboard Camera
HD dash cam with 2.7" display, GPS, and Wi-Fi
Kenwood's built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood's Wireless App Link downloaded to your phone. This fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. However, using Kenwood's optional hardwire solution (not included), this camera will wake up when your vehicle is parked (and its built-in motion sensor is triggered) to record what's in front of it — a great theft deterrent.
- Full HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder
- 2.7" LCD display
- Also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood's Wireless App Link
- Records video files up to 1920 x 1080p
- Built-in GPS
- Built-in G-sensor
- More Info:
- 2 megapixel recording
- Parking mode recording with CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (not included)
- Built-in capacitor saves video files when power is interrupted
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRV-A301W
Full High Definition Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A301W dash camera can capture clear videos and photos while you drive and while you are stopped. It utilizes a 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor with 2.13 million pixels for recording Full HD (1920x1080) video and features a F1.8 lens with a 136-degree field of view (FOV).
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Kenwood DRV-A301W features HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology that easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image.
3 Video Recording Modes: The DRV-A301W offers 3 types of video recording modes - Manual, G-Sensor, and Parked.
- Manual: Press the "Record" button and the unit will continuously record video in 1, 3, or 5 minute clips onto the inserted microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- G-Sensor: If the built-in G-sensor of the DRV-A301W detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that recorded video file is locked and stored in the "Protected" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Parked: When the vehicle is parked and turned off, parking mode becomes active once the unit does not detect any vibration for more than 5 minutes. If the vehicle is then subject to a collision or other physical impact, the camera powers on and automatically records 30 seconds of video. This feature requires the Kenwood's CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (sold separately).
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A301W dash camera is able to record video and capture still images, as well as record audio.
- Videos: The dashboard camera records 1080p HD video at 30fps or 720p video at 60fps in MP4 (H.264) format. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes. You can also adjust the exposure level from -2 to +2.
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the DRV-A301W has the capability to capture JPEG still images (1920x1080) so that in the event of an accident, you can take photographs from inside the vehicle. You can adjust the exposure level from -2 to +2.
- Audio: The Kenwood DRV-A301W is equipped with an integrated microphone for recording audio (2ch PCM ) inside the car. A built-in speaker is provided for playback of recorded audio. It also features an 3.5mm AV output for the display of recorded audio/video on an external AV system.
Built-in GPS: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the DRV-A301W can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
microSD Card Slot: The Kenwood DRV-A301W is outfitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card (8GB-256GB; Class 10 or higher). Video, audio, and photos will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card in exFAT/FAT32. The storage on the microSD memory card will be split into three areas according to the type of recording - Protected, Video, and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card is included.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh