Kenwood DMX9707S Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
The DMX9707S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles. You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- Digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- Plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- 6.95" resistive touchscreen display
- Higher resolution Bluetooth music streaming from LDAC-equipped Android devices
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- Smartphone Features:
- Wireless or wired Android Auto compatible
- Wireless or wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- Wired mirroring for iPhones and select Android devices
- Wireless mirroring for select Android devices
- Built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- Compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- Audio/Visual Features:
- 13-band graphic EQ
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Inputs: dual rear USB inputs, rear analog A/V input, four camera inputs including one HD-capable input, input for the DRV-N520 dash cam
- Outputs: rear analog A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- Other Information:
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Works with iDatalink Maestro module
- Retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- Displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMX9707S
Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone with Lightning Connecter, and is specially designed for driving scenarios. Your iPhone can be connected to the Kenwood DMX9707S wirelessly or via USB. A wireless connection to your compatible iPhone (iOS 9.0+) can be made using the Kenwood receiver's built-in WiFi (5GHz) and Bluetooth (2.4GHz) - requires both wireless connections. Or, you can choose to connect your compatible iPhone (iOS 7.1+) to the Kenwood receiver via USB. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the Kenwood receiver's "black" USB port (not "grey") via the included USB extension cable and the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Music & Radio: Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, NBA, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, & more.
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh