Kenwood DMX7706S 6.95" Digital Media Receiver w/Bluetooth
Kenwood DMX7706S Digital Multimedia Receiver (does not play CDs)
When it's time to step up the smartphone integration in your ride, Kenwood makes it look good. The 6.95" touchscreen display on Kenwood's DMX7706S multimedia receiver is a joy to use and, with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ built-in, you'll have the best smartphone integration available. You'll also have a lot of other great options, including high-res audio playback, and cool music service options. Bluetooth makes it happen for hands-free calling and music streaming. And good news if you're installing this receiver yourself — Kenwood gave the DMX7706S an incredibly shallow chassis (3-5/8" deep) for a better fit in challenging dashes.
- - digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- - plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- - 6.95" Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- - customizable widget-style display
- - Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- - electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- - fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- - Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible
- - built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- - display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- - Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- - Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- - compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- - built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control and rapid Android charging via USB port
- - 13-band graphic EQ
- - Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- - time alignment
- - compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- - inputs:rear USB input, two camera inputs, rear analog A/V input
- - outputs: rear analog A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- Other Information:
- - built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- - compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- - retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- - displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- - warranty: 1 year
The best in smartphone integration
Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and Kenwood puts Apple CarPlay and Android Auto at your fingertips. You'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and all your music. Best of all, the stereo's touchscreen controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Expanded Bluetooth options
The DMX7706S lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you're streaming music, Kenwood's Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
Two camera inputs
These days, vehicle cameras are a must for safer driving, and Kenwood gives you two video inputs for front- and rear-view cameras. You can use electronic angle adjustment of your display to tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen, while you enjoy your music up front.
More music and entertainment
A rear USB inputs open up your source options, and there's great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. This receiver makes it easy to use Pandora™ and Spotify™ all the time on your smartphone. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you leave town, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's extensive programming wherever you may roam.
Shape your sound from your dash
This receiver's suite of sound-crafting tools include a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. Bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources with this receiver's processing power. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging.
The DMX7706S also includes three pairs of 4-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DMX7706S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh