Kenwood DDX9707S DVD Receiver with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
Kenwood DDX9707S DVD Receiver
The DDX9707S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" high-contrast resistive touchscreen display
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Customizable display background and digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- Plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) files on USB drives
- Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth Features:
- Hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Kenwood Music Mix feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- Control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote S app
- Smartphone Features:
- Compatible with wireless or wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connections
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- Wireless and wired mirroring for Android; wired for iPhone
- Audio/Video Features:
- Plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- Supreme setting improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Stage EQ compensates for low speaker positions
- DriveEQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- Subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Works with iDataLink Maestro module
- Retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- Displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DDX9707S
Android & iPhone Integration
Android Auto Wireless: The Kenwood DDX9707S supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the Kenwood receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the Kenwood receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the Kenwood receiver's "grey" USB port (not "black") using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smartphone enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.