Kanto YU2 3" 2-Way Powered Desktop Speakers (Pair) - Walnut
Powered desktop stereo speaker system
Two-Way Driver Design: The Kanto YU2 features a two-way driver design with a 0.75"" silk dome tweeter and 3"" kevlar cone woofer for clear high and detailed midrange/midbass frequencies. 0.75"" Silk Dome Tweeter: The 0.75"" tweeter is made from silk to deliver a high-frequency range that's bright and refined. The tweeter's dome shape improves sound dispersion to ensure your ears capture every sound, regardless of where you are in the room.3"" Kevlar Cone Woofer: The 3"" woofer cone is made of a kevlar material and features a rubber surround for long-lasting performance. The woofer provides surprisingly controlled and accurate low frequency response. Class D Amplifier: The 0.75"" tweeter and 3"" woofer are powered by a built-in 25 watt (RMS) / 50 watt (Peak) x 2 channel amplifier for dynamic sound reproduction. The built-in amplifier is located in the YU2's ""Left"" powered speaker. The binding-post output terminals on back of the ""Left"" powered speaker and the included 9.75' speaker wire provide connection to the ""Right"" passive speaker's binding-post input terminals.
- Powered stereo speakers
- Type-B USB input with built-in DAC lets you bypass your computer's sound card for better performance
- USB DAC supports stereo input up to 16-bit/48kHz resolution
- Bass-reflex speaker cabinets with rear-firing slot ports
- Two 25-watt RMS amplifiers built into left (active) speaker
- Frequency response: 80-20,000 Hz (±6 dB)
- Each speaker features:
- One 3/4"" silk dome tweeter
- One 3"" Kevlar® mid/woofer
- Rear-panel volume control on left speaker
- Gold-plated binding post speaker terminals (10-foot speaker wire included to connect left and right speaker)
- USB input (USB Type-A to Type-B cable included)
- 3.5mm stereo analog input (mini-to-mini cable included)
- Mono RCA subwoofer output
- Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-15/16""W x 5-15/16""H x 5-5/16""D
- Weight: 3.1 lbs. (left speaker), 2.9 lbs. (right speaker)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YU2MB
Sub Out: The Kanto YU2 is equipped with a mono-RCA subwoofer output (located on the ""Left"" powered speaker) for connecting a powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to add deep, low bass to the speaker system. The YU2's sub output is full-range, so you'll need a powered subwoofer with a built-in low-pass crossover.
Power/Volume Control: There is a rotary knob on the back of the ""Left"" powered speaker that controls Power On/Of and Volume Up/Down functions. There is a LED on the front of the ""Left"" powered speaker to indicate power. The LED illuminates blue when the system is powered on and does not illuminate when off.
Mounting & Placement Options: The YU2 powered speaker system is designed for either desktop, bookshelf, or stand mounting to enhance your computer audio listening in a near-field environment; but can also be used in a standard 2ch stereo application. The speakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet to protect your furniture (the feet add approximately 0.125"" to the overall height of the speakers).
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh