JVC KW-M150BT Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
A 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display, smartphone integration, and a nice price makes JVC's KW-M150BT multimedia receiver a big step up from a factory radio. Count on hands-free calling, music streaming, and playback of music and video files stored on a USB flash drive as well. For Android™ users, the big fun of this receiver is controlling your compatible Android device via screen-mirroring when the parking brake is engaged. And with an incredibly shallow chassis (3" deep), the KW-M150BT beats installation woes by being a better fit in challenging dashboards. With the parking brake engaged and the mirroring app installed on your Android device, you'll see a mirror image of your smartphone's screen on the JVC's display. Opening and controlling apps works the same way it does on your phone.
- General Features:
- Digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- Plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, FLAC, and AAC music files
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display
- Fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- Smartphone Features:
- Android screen-mirroring via USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Built-in iPhone control and rapid Android charging via USB port
- Audio/Video Features:
- Plays USB memory devices
- 13-band graphic EQ with digital time alignment
- High- and low-pass filters
- Inputs: rear USB input; backup camera input; rear A/V input (RCA)
- Outputs: rear video output; 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- Other Information:
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KW-M150BT
Android & iPhone Integration
Android Smartphone Mirroring: Using the Mirroring OB for JVC app, you can mirror the content from your Android (OS 7.0+) smartphone onto the touchscreen monitor of the JVC KW-M150BT; you'll be able to enjoy video and audio playback. Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the KW-M150BT via USB and Bluetooth. The JVC receiver's light green wire (attached to rear chassis) must also be attached to your vehicle parking brake circuit and your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged in order to mirror content from your Android smartphone to the KW-M150BT. In addition to mirroring content from your Android smartphone, you'll also be able to control your Android device from the in-dash receiver's touchscreen (some content may not support touchscreen control from the receiver). Mirrored content may or may not display in a portrait or landscape orientation.
Note: The unit does not support audio playback from Android devices using MTP (Media Transport Protocol) or AOA (Android Open Accessory. The JVC KW-M150BT does not support Apple iOS device mirroring.
iPhone Music Playback: You can connect a newer Apple iPhone w/ Lightning connector to the KW-M150BT for music playback & control using the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device or other "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's rear-panel USB port. The JVC receiver supports playback of stored music and music apps, along with music browsing and playback control, plus song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit Control: The JVC head unit allows you to navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by category (Playlist/Artist/Song/Album/Genre) from its touchscreen controls. The head unit also supports basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. You'll still be able to control your connected iPhone from its own touchscreen so you can access other music applications.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The KW-M150BT will display your iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. The unit will also display song/artist info and album art from select music apps.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh