JVC KW-V850BT CD/DVD/DM Multimedia Receiver 6.8" Screen
JVC KW-V850BT 6.8" CD/DVD Receiver w/ Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
JVC's KW-V850BT DVD receiver perfectly fuses the convenience of smartphone integration with the pleasure of great-sounding music — no matter how you listen. Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ give you access to all kinds of music, messaging, and navigation apps, all with the same controls you already know from using your phone. JVC also added some seriously deep and effective sound processing, so you can get the most out of your sound. And, they back up this receiver with a 2-year warranty.
- - DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- - 6.8" Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- - customizable display background and 4-step angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- - plays high-res FLAC (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) and DSD (up to 11.2 MHz) files on USB drives
- - fits double-DIN dash openings
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- - Installation Size: 7" x 3-15/16" x 6-2/16" (178 x 100 x 155 mm)
- - Weight: 4.63 lbs. (2.1kg)
- - Unit weight in individual package: 6.17 lbs. (2.8kg)
- - hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- - automatic iPhone and Android pairing using the USB connection
- - control the stereo using JVC's free Remote S app
- - works with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- - music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connection
- - Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- - plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- - subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- digital signal processing and tone controls:
- - 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment; 8 EQ presets and 4 user presets
- - K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- - Sound Lift compensates for low speaker positions
- - Volume Link EQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- - compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- - inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input (mini), two camera inputs
- - outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- - built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- - compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- - optional wireless remote
- - blue button illumination
- - warranty: 2 years
What's in the box
- - DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.8" monitor (15A fuse)
- - Wiring harness
- - Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- - 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- - 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- - Quick Start Guide
- - Warranty card
Let's begin with smartphone integration
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto put your phone's content at your fingertips. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
With Android Auto, you can use Google Maps to find your way.
Get moving with lots of music options
If you dig Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you'll really dig playing music from Pandora™ and Spotify™ on this receiver. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away, add a SiriusXM tuner to this JVC to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from Boston to Berkeley. The KW-V850BT also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too. Got a high-res music library? You'll be stoked that the KW-V850BT supports high-res file playback including FLAC and DSD files on a USB drive. But don't worry, you can still play CDs and DVDs, too.
If you want quick access to music controls, this receiver's monitor touch control makes skipping a track and turning the volume up as easy as a simple swipe or circular gesture on the touchscreen display. Speaking of control, you can also control this car stereo directly from your iPhone® or Android™ phone using JVC's free Remote S app.
Expansive sound options
This receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 13-band graphic equalizer and digital time alignment. Since much of today's music uses compression which can sometimes muddle the sound, JVC's K2 technology helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver also offers Sound Lift, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging. The KW-V850BT also includes three pairs of 4-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
Go wireless with Bluetooth
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with hands-free phone calls. You can quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. Many portable high-res audio players also include Bluetooth, so you can stream your personal music collections while you're on the road. When it comes to streaming audio, JVC's Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. Just remember to share!
For its vibrant display, JVC includes a customizable layout and an electronic angle adjustment, providing better visibility depending on the radio's dash location in your vehicle. You can jazz things up with "live wallpaper", which creates a background that responds to your music. Add rear and dash cameras to this receiver's two camera inputs, and the display will also show off the video — super handy to keep you safe.
Volume Link EQ
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh