JVC KW-M865BW Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
JVC gives you three camera inputs for a cargo cam, a front-view cam, a backup cam, and more, plus you can use the A/V input for a camera if needed. With compatible vehicles and the addition of a select iDatalink Maestro module, you can retain blind spot cameras thanks to these extra camera inputs. And if you've got a backseat crew that needs a distraction, you can feed them some video by connecting additional monitors to this receiver's video output. With the addition of customizable widgets, JVC lets you see more of what you use the most at a glance. And to keep your attention on the road, JVC lets you use simple swipe and circular movements on the display for changing tracks, accessing music folders, and adjusting the volume. JVC's sound-sculpting controls, including a 13-band graphic equalizer and time alignment, let you dial in the perfect sound for your vehicle. To enhance compressed audio, JVC's K2 technology helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. The Sound Lift feature adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" speakers that are lower in the doors for better, more natural imaging.
- General Features:
- Digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.8" Clear Resistive touchscreen
- Customizable display background with "live wallpaper" and widgets
- Digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- Finger movements control volume level and forward/back
- Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Smartphone Features:
- Wireless or wired Android Auto compatible
- Wireless or wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- Control and charging of Apple and Android devices using the USB connection
- Wireless screen mirroring of select Android devices
- Wired screen mirroring of select Android devices and iPhones
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Streaming DJ feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected
- Audio/Video Features:
- Plays USB memory devices
- High-resolution playback of FLAC files up to 192k/24bit via USB
- Wireless high-res playback using LDAC-compatible devices
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Sound Lift compensates for speakers that are low in the doors
- High-pass, low-pass, and subwoofer crossover adjustments
- Compatible with optional SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Inputs: two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input (mini), three camera inputs (plus A/V input can be used for a camera)
- Outputs: rear video output (RCA), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- Other Information:
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- Retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- Displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- Built-in amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Optional wireless remote control
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KW-M865BW
Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone with Lightning Connecter, and is specially designed for driving scenarios. Your iPhone can be connected to the JVC KW-M865BW wirelessly or via USB. A wireless connection to your compatible iPhone (iOS 9.0+) can be made using the JVC receiver's built-in WiFi (5GHz) and Bluetooth (2.4GHz) - requires both wireless connections. Or, you can choose to connect your compatible iPhone (iOS 7.1+) to the JVC receiver via USB. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the JVC receiver's "black" USB port (not "grey") via the included USB extension cable and the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the JVC receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the JVC receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the JVC receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Music & Radio: Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, NBA, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, & more.
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Compatible iPhone models include 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 6S Plus, 6S, and SE. Only one Apple iPhone with CarPlay can be connected at a time. An Apple CarPlay and Android Auto device cannot be connected at the same time. Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay works best with a vehicle speed pulse connection. You will need either a radio replacement interface with a vehicle speed pulse connection or JVC's OBD-II Speed Pulse Generation (KV-PG10) - both sold separately. Alternatively, you can also hardwire the JVC receiver's speed pulse wire to your vehicle's speed pulse wire (this method is much more time consuming and requires more installation experience).
- Wireless Apple CarPlay can be used without connecting the vehicle speed pulse wire by downloading the latest firmware update from JVC's website onto a USB thumbdrive and installing it in the JVC receiver. Although this software update makes installation easier, location and position accuracy for navigation maps will suffer without the VSS wire hooked up.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Android Auto Wireless: The JVC KW-M865BW supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the JVC receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the JVC receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the JVC receiver's "grey" USB port (not "black") using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead.
- Google Assistant: The JVC receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smartphone enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the JVC receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the JVC receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Only one Android device with Android Auto can be connected at a time. An Android Auto device and Apple CarPlay device cannot be connected at the same time.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied. If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Mirroring for JVC App: By installing the Mirroring for JVC app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), your compatible smartphone device is seamlessly displayed on the receiver's screen via USB, while audio from your smartphone is transmitted to the receiver via Bluetooth. You can enjoy a variety of apps such as YouTube, Netflix, and More. Depending on the app, the JVC receiver's monitor may not display in full screen. Touch control is possible from both the JVC head unit's touchscreen and your Android smartphone's touchscreen (iPhone has to be controlled from the phone's touchscreen only). Click here for instructions on how to setup the Mirroring for JVC App.
- The Mirroring for JVC app requires a USB and Bluetooth connection between your Apple iOS or Android device and the JVC head unit. Use the head unit's "black" USB port for Apple iOS and Android OS devices (the "grey" USB port does not support mirroring).
- USB Mirroring will require that the vehicle's parking brake be engaged to mirror your smartphone or view any content from your smartphone on the JVC receiver's touchscreen monitor. Only audio content will be heard without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
- During USB mirroring on an Apple iOS device, when a call is received, USB mirroring disconnects and needs to be manually reconnected. USB Mirroring is disconnected when the iPhone goes to the sleep mode.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh