GoldenEar AON 3 Bookshelf Speaker Each (Open Box)
What are Open Box Products? OPEN BOX items are tested and certified to look and work like New. These products may have been returned to us by a customer or were on display in our retail stores. In most cases these items are in "Like - NEW Condition" and are fully functional. These products ship with all relevant accessories and will arrive in the original box.
• Great way to save on the latest technology!
• Availability is limited to stock on hand.
- All original accessories included, unless indicated.
- Open Box items are sold on a first-come first-served basis.
- For more details please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1.888.707.3976.
- Parts and Labor Manufacturer Warranty.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
GoldenEar AON3 Bookshelf Speaker (Each) (Open Box)
You might be thinking if you go with a small pair of speakers, you'll be compromising on sound quality. After all, tower speakers are the best around since they use larger cabinets and bigger drivers, right? GoldenEar's unique, uncompromising Aon 3 stands ready to challenge that. Whether you're into smooth jazz or hair metal (or anything in-between), the speaker effortlessly brings gobs of detail and clarity to your music. Plus, it's a homerun hitter in smaller-to-mid-sized spaces, making it a great alternative to larger tower speakers. (Priced as Each)
- Two-way design
- HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter
- 7" cast-basket mid/bass driver
- Two 8" side-mounted passive radiators for enhanced bass response
- Non-parallel cabinet walls and offset tweeter help deliver purer sound
- Keyhole bracket for wall mounting
- Frequency response: 38-35,000 Hz
- Recommended amplifier power: 10-250 watts
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Cloth cover can be pulled down to expose drivers, but not removed
- Dimensions: 9"W x 14"H x 11"D
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Our 30-day money back guarantee
Behind the Engineering
One look at the Aon 3 and you'll see it's not like other speakers. Its machined MDF cabinet certainly has an eye-catching shape. The company chose that shape primarily to reduce standing waves inside the cabinet. The tweeter is also slightly offset to the right. That's not an engineering mistake; with the tweeter offset like that, the sound waves bouncing around off the front baffle and cover won't amplify each other and create harsh, sharp highs.
GoldenEar's proprietary HVFR™ tweeter is one of the company's favorite achievements. It's a trickle-down technology borrowed from their top-of-the-line Triton-Series. It uses neodymium magnets to squeeze and pressurize the air between the folds of a high-density Kapton film diaphragm.
The twin 8" bass radiators mounted on either side gives the speaker what GoldenEar calls an "inertially balanced configuration." By that, they mean that cabinet vibrations are minimized since the two bass radiators' frequencies cancel each other out inside the box, keeping internal resonances very low.